Question How many have kiddos who are RF past age 4?

Little Ps Mama

Just polling out of curiosity. :)

I thought we'd turn DS1 at three but now that we're there I've changed my RF goal to age four. I've told DH we'll definitely turn him at four, but I could totally see myself changing my mind if RF is still going well for us at that point. :eek:

ADS

christineka

Dd3 rfed until her 6th birthday. (Ffing now. except sometimes) Ds2 is 4.5 years with plans to rf to the limit of the seat. (He's bigger than dd3, so he should outgrow the seat prior to 6)

mommyfrog

My niece turned four in July and is still rear facing. My ds will probably be at the limits of his seat by 4, but if he's not he'll rf past his 4th b-day too.

hrice

Colton is 3y3m right now. My goal is 4. When we get there we may keep going if possible.

bnsnyde

She'll be 4 November first and will RF until she doesn't fit in the Radian. Maybe 5? :)

But my 5-year-old can't RF in any seat. Even at 4 he could not b/c his seat went to 40 lbs. RF, and he was 40/41.

krasota

I gave my son a choice at four and he flipped back and forth until July, when I determined he'd outgrown his seat RF.

He's 4y5m and has requested to RF again.

tam_shops

My guy has had the choice to RF since 4 1/2. At 5 1/2 he has asked for a new seat w/ more leg room, we went to look. He wasn't impressed that it had to be FF. When he started Kindergarten 5 3/4, he asked for a seat like his friend (booster). I declined and said he could have a seat like one of his other friends (Frontier) and we'll get one next good sale, probably the new year.

tam

momtotwogirls

Emma rear faced until 4y1m. our goal is 4 and after than they can choose to forward or rear face if we have a seat available. I am hoping Addy gets to 4 the she will move to the FN85 and Emma into a booster.

Jennifer mom to my 7

4 years 8 months. I will take his last pic in a rf seat tomorrow and then he will ff tomorrow. He could still rf in his radian xtsl right now, and might could max it out rf by height and weight at the same time, but I need the seat for his brother now... just about 6 year old will move to booster, he will move to regent for now, and brother will move to the radian rf.

Jessica61624

My dd still occasionally rides rf in ds Radian when he's not with us. She loves it. If I had the money I'd buy her a Radian also.

leighi123

Levi turned 4 in July, he has a ton of room left RF and has never asked to switch, so I'll keep him that way until he outgrows his XTSL.

zeo2ski

4y4m for DS1, now at 5y1m I just tried him in brother's RN and he's too tall! I thought they could share the RN in DH's car since he still fits weight wise, but nope! DS2 is 3.5 and will *possibly* make it to 4 in his CA, but both height and weight are very close already.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC