Question Radian superlatch issues?

lourdes

I want to know if anybody here had any problems with the latch system of the radians, I was doing some research and found a couple of videos from people complaining about the latch belt becoming loose to easy or when a RF toddler touches the "release plate". Any one here with this problems?

ADS

hrice

Many had the issues. There were many threads. One got very long. Anda member here started a FB page about it. Seek and ye shall find.

And yes, that is a Radian in my siggy. I have several and love them.

Last edited:

Stelvis

Yep, many people.

It's not the problem so much as the crappy way the company treated people who had the problem. Buy from somewhere with a good return policy and make sure you can get a good seatbelt install in your car.

It's not unsafe if you use the seatbelt. After the rude, horrible letter I got from the president of the company, I personally won't ever use any of their products again. But that's me. Some people still like them.

lourdes

Here is my situation, my DD is RF in the CA, I have no problems because we are only 3 people so I seat on the back with her and the front seat has not much room, I want her to be RF as long as possible because she is skinny, the radians are not for sale here so I am thinking of buying one on line and I am afraid because I will be buying something I haven't see, because my car allows bracing the radian will make a good option but I was afraid of the situation with the latch, I know that the seat belt is safe but I like the installs with latch, it's easier for me, we plan to use the radian as the main car seat and keep the CA as back up, I just sold my evenflo triumph because is to heavy as back up and DH like the CA better, so is the Radian a good option? And which one should I get?

lourdes

i have a Suzuki sx4, if we are alone we are fine but my MIL and my M don't have cars so they usually are with us so 80% of the time we have 5 people in or small car, we are trying to find a retailer that will ship to PR but so far we haven't....

luckyclov

I don't have a lot of love for Radians, but it has nothing to do with SuperLatch. In fact, I still have a Radian that's in use most of the time.

The SL issues happened to many, but also didn't happen to many. I think it may have largely been impacted by vehicle seat/child seat incompatibilities. For most of those people, however, they could usually safely achieve a proper installation with the seatbelt.

I've had my Radians (80SLs) installed in 4 different vehicles ('09 Dodge Grand Caravan, '09 Jeep Liberty, '11 Toyota Sienna, '10 Ford F-150 SuperCrew) using SL and never had an issue. They were checked regularly, though I did eventually switch to a seatbelt install in DH's truck (for other reasons).

carseatfreak

I did have problems and received new straps (or an updated strap) from SK when I called. We had problems in our Honda Pilot 2006. I have had no problems with the new strap and the way it loosens/tightens feels a lot more secure than the original belt. We use our Radians in DH's car (one latch/one belt) and I am happy with them. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC