2 minute presentation pitch

turtlemama

On Tuesday(my birthday :love:) I get to do a 2 minute introduction on why parents need to come to my booth at the pre k open house. I really need them to grasp the gravity of the situation. These are parents who every single day show up with 4 year olds either in a seatbelt only, or completely unrestrained altogether. I don't know what to say to convey the seriousness of the situation. I'm thinking of the illegality mainly because I think that will catch their attention, but I don't only want to focus on that. Any ideas?
My booth will have the USAA pamphlets and my business card. Would it be too late to get some of KQ's pamphlets?

ADS

turtlemama

Thanks! Hopefully DH will pick up some copy paper(to print out the twinkie pamphlet) and Twinkies like I asked. I wont have to say much at all!

turtlemama

help! My printer won't print the twinkie pamphlet. It prints other stuff, just not this. I think it's because it's a PDF. What now?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Save it to a disk/flash drive and take it to Kinkos or Staples? I'm sure there's a way to get it to print on your printer, too, but I know I could be to Staples and back in less time and with less frustration. :p

turtlemama

Well I could do that, but I think the nearest one might be too far away. Plus I'd have to take kids.
Ugh, of course this would happen. Now I'm going to have to just figure out what to say instead.

turtlemama

This is basically what I want to say. I need this to fit into a 2 minute introduction.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/411894

So which parts should I use?
Basically it will be "My name is Golden, CPST blah blah, please come to my booth."

This is what I'm going to do.
Ok, I'm going to print out the article, then tell them my name, ask them to PLEASE read the hand out because it is very important and then come to my booth where they can get pamphlets, my business card and ask questions or schedule a check up. Somewhere in there I'll mention that it is illegal for children under 8 to be in an adult seatbelt alone or otherwise unrestrained. Good?

Last edited:

turtlemama

Ugh. Did not go as planned. They didn't let me pass out the article, so I had to keep it at my table and hope they picked it up. They were WAY more interested in the Pampered Chef lady who was also there. Everyone picked up her flyer. She did tell them to come to my table though, so at least she was trying to help me.
Only one lady asked me questions. I hope she calls me. I'm sure no one else will.

mellysue

I'm sorry it did not go as planned! Unfortunately some people aren't interested as they should be, especially if it means changing what they've already been doing(for years most likely)
I wish we would have a presentation at our school. I know my DD at 6 1/2(1st grade) is one of the only ones still in a booster seat. Around here I'm excited to see a kid in the back seat of a car in a seat belt.
It doesn't help that our old chief of police had his 4 year old ride in front seat of extended cab truck with nothing but a seat belt.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
:( So sorry!

I did "Boosters are for Big Kids" in k-2 at both elementary schools last week... over 250 kids. Flyers went home with EVERY child with my contact info. I have not gotten a single phone call or email yet :( I feel bad for all of the kids that are improperly restrained :(

turtlemama

I don't get it. Why don't they seem to care? As soon as I learned about car seat safety, I did my best to make sure my kids were safe in the car. I had already had my 4th child!

I don't understand what makes someone hear this information and just go "meh."
One lady actually brushed right by me as I was talking to her once she learned what I was talking about. They were actively rude about it.
I did get quite a few nice people who took the pamphlets out of politeness (I could tell they weren't interested but they still wanted to be nice) but most of them just walked right by me.
It was very frustrating. I wanted to cry. I'm thinking of just calling the police and seeing if an officer can be there during drop offs and pick ups. Maybe that will at least get the kids in seatbelts and not bouncing all over the car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC