dd1 to tall to RF..

libranbutterfly

I have to move DD1 back FF in MILs car tonight. 2 weeks ago, she had 2 inches above her head, this morning, it was about .5 inch (in her cousins AOE). They have the little puddle pad type thing in it (that came with the seat), do you think if I remove that DD can RF a little longer in it (through this trip?) My other option would be to try her in DD2s Scenera (moving the straps to her and everything) and setting the straps on the AO for Lexi. I know she is "big enough" to FF but I finally worked up the courage to try her RF again, and I don't want to turn her again in less than a month. plus, I'm hoping it may encourage MIL to keep her cousin (now 11 monthes) RF longer. What would you do?

Also a quick opinion (trying not to start 50 threads today) Are loose straps RF safer that loose straps FF? When I adjusted the AO fo Kamille yesterday,they were already loose enough for her, but 11 month niece had been riding in it. I keep telling myself at least she's RF, Is it worth another family feud right now? I know how the straps should be, and whenever I strap her in I (LOUDLY) say, "oops, your straps are a bit loose, they should be snug as a hug" "okay, I cant pinch the harness on your shoulder, that means its just right" and I have explained all this before, and they know to do it with my children, but wont do it with Maddie. is there any hope?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd take out the pad, that'd probably give you enough room. And I think *most* convertibles allow until the head is even, just that some (Evenflos) require the inch and so it's easier to blanket statement that and have people err on the side of caution rather than let the heads go even in Evenflos. Check the manual if you have it, and I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

If you're going to have loose straps then definitely RFing. I don't know why your family won't do it consistently. That is just odd. Why not?? I'd just keep saying what you're saying, and if you've pointed it out then that's about all you can do if they're really going to be that stubborn.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC