What is this booster?

crunchierthanthou

first- watch this video (feel free to turn off the sound ;))

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAI_G4yFKvc"]VID00001 - YouTube[/ame]

watch closely from around the 1 minute mark to maybe 1:15 (especially 1:01-1:06).

What are those boosters?

a couple stills I captured-

mysteryboostershead.jpg

mysteryboostersfull.jpg

small pics, but they weren't really the subject of the video. :p

There's a bright pink/raspberry to the right of the purple.

Do you think it's by Orbit, or just near the Orbit Baby booth?

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I like the rigid latch... but they don't look as high-end as I would expect of orbit... I'd expect something more on-par with the oobr.

of course, I know they are prototypes and you may/may not know when they will be released... and by then, they could be different.

Though I do like the colors!

crunchierthanthou

I like the rigid latch... but they don't look as high-end as I would expect of orbit... I'd expect something more on-par with the oobr.

Okay, so they don't have a plastic case, but they fold away. Do the Oobr's fold away? I know they can extend/retract, but do they store? Because that's a nice feature.

mamom

ok dumb question, if they don't fold away do you just shove them in the seat blight?

Is so, could you do that with the cybex (or clek) to attempt to decrease the shifting/tilting?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes, Clek says to shove them in the seat bight. But they have to be retracted when you do so; I've never tried it (always used LATCH) so I don't know if it would decrease shifting. But I probably be putting it in without LATCH in November, so I'll try to remember to ask the kid who is using it. LOL.

I think the Cybex ones fold under to store, don't they?

mamom

Yes they do, we are using it to booster train my almost 5 year old, so he can ride if necessary and my 3rd row doesn't have LATCH. DD can keep it from shifting and he can't. I was wondering if I need to put it back there if I could try that.

christineka

I like the colors! I bet it'll be way too expensive for me, though. I think I have 2 or three years before I need to buy another hbb anyway.

CrazyBoysMamma

Why am I suddenly craving rainbow sherbet? :p I love those colors! I'm so glad we're starting to see more bright solid colors and big kid friendly patterns on boosters, maybe people will see them as less "baby".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC