sunshine kids supermat??

krissybear25

has anyone used this? i know that we really arent supposed to put anything underneath a carseat but i really need something for a friend. her seats are leather and have tiny holes inthem and she wont let me install tightly cause she is scared of teh leather ripping. she thinks it will rip thru a thin towel too. i really need something cause the seats are so loose at least 3 inches and i am very scared for her LO. any other suggestions would be greatly appricited :)

ADS

Stelvis

FWIW, I had perforated leather in my Acura, the seat was in there for a year totally rock solid (until my Superlatch issues anyway), with no mat, and when I took it out, the leather rebounded within like a week. I just traded the car in with absolutely no damage to the seats.

msg221

I had one under my Marathon 70. I felt comfortable using it because I installed it with the Supermat, measured how much of the LATCH strap I had after pulling it snug, then re-installed it without the Supermat, then measured again. It was the same with our without the mat.

I don't use them with my TFP or the MR because I have them installed with the seat belt and was too lazy to do the "seat belt test!"

What seat will it be installed under?

krissybear25

Her vehicle is a accurate Mdx. I only tried installing the seats quickly cause she didn't really want me to. I couldnt get them tight, im sure if i had more time to play around i woulda figured it out. She has a eddie bauer 3 in 1 and a scenera. The scenera has kinda sharp edges and she said while I was tightining that it was gonna tear the leather.

Stelvis

Oh, sorry, I was under the impression she was putting a Radian in there. I can't speak for the AOE.

However, I had a Graco Safeseat 32, a Radian, a TFP, and a Frontier all in there at various times without ever damaging the leather whatsoever. There were slight indentations from the Frontier, but that's because I took it out like 5 minutes before I handed over the keys. I think it will be fine.

msg221

I would definitely test it out with and without the mat, just to be on the safe side.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC