convertibles in 8 seater minivan

npl

Does anyone know if the True Fir Premier and My Ride 65 fit in the middle row, middle seat of an 8-seater Sienna (pre 2011) or in the "plus one" seat in a Honda Oddysey. Front driver's seat must be all the way back.
Thanks!

ADS

npl

Thanks! Have you had other car seats in the driver's side middle row next to the True Fit? I was thinking ahead to the possibility of having a baby in an infant seat behind the driver and a toddler RF in the middle seat, and leaving the passenger side middle row for an older kid so we can flip the seat. I can't try it out, because I don't have an 8-seater, but if the True Fit doesn't fit in that "extra" 8th seat, then I might have to go with the My Ride, even though I'm not thrilled with it.

mkmama

Thanks! Have you had other car seats in the driver's side middle row next to the True Fit? I was thinking ahead to the possibility of having a baby in an infant seat behind the driver and a toddler RF in the middle seat, and leaving the passenger side middle row for an older kid so we can flip the seat. I can't try it out, because I don't have an 8-seater, but if the True Fit doesn't fit in that "extra" 8th seat, then I might have to go with the My Ride, even though I'm not thrilled with it.

Almost anything will fit in that "extra" seat...it really is almost as wide as a normal captains chair. I've had a TrueFit next to a Nautilus in the middle row of my 2008 Sienna. I've also had many other combinations of MyRide, TrueFit, Nautilus, Turbobooster, and Radian in the middle rows of my Sienna.

MyRide 65 and TrueFit both fit behind drivers side with no touching, with the drivers seat all the way back.

NannyMom

There is no problem with fitting the True Fit in any of the 2nd row seats. And I can fit almost anything next to it. So your plan for the future sounds fine. The My Ride center makes flipping the outboard seat harder (I'd just leave it folded down), because of how far the cup holders stick out.

Dillipop

I currently have a TFP in the center seat of my 2008 LE8. I can flip the seats on either side of it forward.

We usually have a monterey next to it and it fits well. DS1 has complained that it isn't as easy to buckle- he has to take his time and he sometimes gets frustrated with it- but he can do it. He finds that it's much easier for him to buckle next to the CCO, which makes sense.

npl

Thanks everyone! Sounds like both seats are workable in the middle row if we upgrade to an 8-seater. If we don't, I'll be better off with the MyRide, but I do like the little extras of the TFP, like the no-rethread harness and the easy-off seat cover!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC