Accident I saw yesterday...

Baylor

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/cri...cle_ec9d7572-fcf0-571c-80ac-de77637ce16b.html

"Three people, including an 18-month-old, were rushed to a hospital Wednesday morning after two cars collided on Oxford Valley Road near Andover Road, police said. The accident occurred about 11:30 a.m.

One vehicle was traveling northbound while the other vehicle was traveling southbound, police said. The road was shut down while police investigated.

Police said the southbound vehicle, a GMC Jimmy, driven by Wendy L. Barnes, 34, of Levittown, crossed the double yellow line for an unknown reason and collided head-on into a northbound Toyota.

The Toyota was driven by Tina Conturso, 38, of Middletown, who was with her daughter, Gianna Conturso, police said.

All three were taken to St. Mary Medical Center in Middletown. Gianna, who was properly secured in a safety seat, was treated and released."

YEAH MOM! Like to see a good one now and again..

And for anyone local, CBS3 is doing a segment at 5 on how parents are missing the mark when it comes to car seats.

Added video..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEIG1eQ7NK8&feature=player_embedded"]Raw Video: Head-on crash in Falls Twshp. sends 3 to hospital - YouTube[/ame]

I don't see a car seat. They usually remove seat and child together right?

Last edited:
ADS

hedgefun

Do you know when the CBS special is supposed to air?

ETA: J/K totally missed that you said it was at 5.:whistle:

Baylor

It will be on local Philly CBS 3 at 5 pm Eastern. But they usually also put segments like that on their website. I will look for it and post it if they do.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/cri...cle_ec9d7572-fcf0-571c-80ac-de77637ce16b.htmlI don't see a car seat. They usually remove seat and child together right?

That is correct. When I was in my accident, I remember listening to the paramedics explain to my baby's father why he couldn't take him out of the car seat to comfort him until he'd been checked out (he was screaming -- mostly because he was hungry and I was strapped to a back board and obviously couldn't nurse him). If possible, they try not to remove the child from the car seat until it's clear that the child doesn't have any serious injuries, especially spinal ones. The car seat functions the same way that the back board did for me when my spine was injured in the wreck.

So yeah, that's probably why a car seat isn't visible in the video. :)

Baylor

Thank you. It is amazing to me the amount of damage that can be done to a car and that people can walk away or have relatively minor injuries or none. I am so glad the little one was belted in correctly.

D

dolph5147

I know the individuals that were in the accident, and yes there was a car seat, which was properly installed and therefore the baby was ok. :)

Baylor

I know the individuals that were in the accident, and yes there was a car seat, which was properly installed and therefore the baby was ok. :)

How is everyone else?

That is so funny, I post the story on the same day you register and know them? that is crazy..

livsmum

Thank you. It is amazing to me the amount of damage that can be done to a car and that people can walk away or have relatively minor injuries or none. I am so glad the little one was belted in correctly.

There sure is a lot of damage.

I wonder if the LO was rear-facing?

Baylor

I don't know but I am going to try and find out. One of the Firemen from the house that responded goes to our church.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC