Belt extender for an adult

Kobain's Mommy

With baby coming we've run into a problem with DH's truck. We don't have enough room for 2 RFers. I refuse to turn DS around in there and right now he's in his CA center. I've got to get baby's SS1 base behind the passenger seat. The issue is we have an older ram where the belt isn't in the seat but on the side panel behind the seat, before they added the extended cab doors. With the seat moved up to fit the car seat I can't get my belt buckled. DH found out Dodge made a belt extender. I'm debating if it's a good idea or not. Looking at the pictures it would bring the female part about 6" closer to me starting it on my hip. It looks like it may move the shoulder part over to, which may keep it from riding up my neck like it does all the time.

ADS

Pixels

If the belt fits around you with the seat moved back, it is unlikely that a belt extender would fit you properly. My brother has a belt extender for DH's car because even with the seat all the way back, it doesn't fit. He has the shortest extender possible and it is just barely small enough.

Is there ANY other way to get two RFers in the back? Coccoro for one of the kids?

Kobain's Mommy

It's a 97 Ram. Even if we used the CCO in the truck the seat would need to be moved up. Plus with winter being so cold here I'd rather DD be in a bucket till at least spring. Right now the belt is so tight on me with the seat all the way back I can't move at all, like it's locked.

Pixels

Right now the belt is so tight on me with the seat all the way back I can't move at all, like it's locked.

In that case it's a lot more likely that the extender will fit you. I was imagining that the belt just barely didn't reach with the seat all the way up.

zeo2ski

Can't you put the baby bucket in the center and put the toddler more upright (in something other than CA if you're uncomfortable with that) behind the passenger? You can still get the bucket in and out the driver's side door.

Kobain's Mommy

Even with the CA upright there isn't much room back there. A RFing seat would be pretty much at 90* to put it behind a seat with the seat all the way back. Our truck doesn't have the back doors so putting DS behind me also would make it a huge pain to get him buckled in. Right now I have to crawl into the back and have DH hand me DS to get him in the seat.

We want to get him to 2 (May) RFing in the truck. At that point I'm more comfortable turing DS there, since the kids won't be in the truck all that often. But will keeping him RFing in my car. The truck was retrofitted with the top anchors and DH is liking the red rock Frontier. But till then we have to figure something out. If Graco would sell and allow the SS1/SR32 to be used with the SR30 smaller base I wouldn't have as big of a problem.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC