Joey Safe as a Walking Harness

Jmark

I KNOW the Joey Safe is useless as a child restraint in the car, but i wonder how useful it is as a walking harness/opposed to a stroller when traveling, there are rumors its supposed to be escape proof.

ADS

Pawy

It is only escape proof for little tykes... Most older kids 4+ yrs could undo the front buckle and lift it over there head. I bought one of these Joey safe and thought wow what a great idea i can put it on DS or visitor while in taxi and then leave it on as a walking harness.. But when i used it as a car harness i freaked out and said never again. But to use it just as a walking harness is overkill it takes to long to put on and take off.
There are better escape proof child harnesses that are easy to put on..
http://www.childharness.ca/

Paul

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
The only "leash" type thingy I used for Leila was her Maya sling -- she was very comfortable, enjoyed the colors & feel of the fabric ... it's also super easy to wrap around kiddo's chest securely, not to mention it just looks nicer :)

super_grape

We had a Harness Buddy for Katie. She LOVED it!
I stopped using it on her about 6 months ago and then she wasn't
able to undo it...not sure if she could now, the connector on ours is pretty tight.

Morganthe

I used the Kid Keeper from One Step ahead for my dd. I like how it was fastened with a long velcro strip mostly around the waist. No buckles other than the back hook to fiddle with, if I remember correctly. Very secure. There was no way she could have ever escaped if she tried and it really was sturdy to 'catch' her when she stumbled.

She started walking in public at the same time I was going through after-surgery therapy for my ankle. I think she was about 19 months old or so. I'd use her Quinny stroller as a walker and her strap would be looped around my wrist. We'd tool through the empty & rather full corridors of the hospital for exercise. She learned boundaries and I have never ever had to chase her down. DH used it to help extend his reach when he was walking next to her in public just in case they got separated. Ummm, 6'3 dad with 34" toddler. No hope for him to rely on simply holding her hand :p We also used it at the beach and around docks for safety. Then it got lost somewhere and it pops up occasionally. I haven't needed it much just due to her personality... but it was sure nice to have it from that 19-28 month old time frame. :thumbsup:

skaterbabs

we used harnesses with all three of our kids, although more with the boys. Avoid ones that velcro on - a determined child will just pop the velcro. BTDT!

Pawy

I tried one of those kid keepers and one of the monkey back packs...
The kid keeper we didnt find very good at all (sorry) its held with velcro say no more..
The monkey back pack type was wonderfull it looked great and DS loved to wear it.. But with the two clips in front of his chest it was just to temping for him to undo every 1 minute while he was bored.. LOL...

Paul

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC