Radian or Signo?

arly1983

Ok, it is either going to be a radian or signo....so this is my pros/cons list. Tell me if you think of something else....

Radian Pros:
-Narrow
-Low profile
-Cheaper
-long seating area to support legs

Radian Cons:
-Narrow seating area (about 10 ins)
-some install issues
-18 in top slots (though I could use above 1 in)
-no TSIP
-long when RFing

Signo:
-TSIP/infinate adjust harness
-wider seating area (15 in)
-19 in top slots
-35 lb RFing limit
-recaro reputation and proven prior models

Signo cons:
-No ones seen it yet
-20 ins WIDE
-sits high on base
-high price
-lame cover choices
-not released until august/sept
-might be more but we just don't know yet....

Last edited:
ADS

arly1983

signo con: high price
signo con: lame cover choices
signo plus: recaro reputation and proven prior models

Your right!!

I have the desert preordered, it was the one I liked the most....though I am not really excited about it...

Also I like the hip SIP and recaro does have a track record...

Suzibeck

If I needed a seat,

If the signo could fit in my car, not needing narrow seat for 3 across, and

If I could wait for the signo to be released, who knows for sure when that will happen as it keeps getting pushed back?

I would go for the singo, no question.

I don't know much about the Recaros, other than by reputation (all good so far as I've read), but I love the Radian. :love:

I love the low profile when FF so my older child doesn't feel like she's in a "baby" convertible,

I love the fact that the buckle is too hard for my 3 yr. old to undo, but my 5 yr. old can both buckle *and* unbuckle herself.

I love the long, narrow seat because it really seems to support their legs well on long rides (my only complaint about the PWs my 8 & 10 yr. olds sit in; just a little too short in the seat).

I love that they're so narrow I can squeeze them in side by side in my narrow 1st row bench, and could probably fit 3 across if I ever needed to (and *had* 3, LOL).

I love that they cost about $100 less than most Britax & Recaro seats. :twocents:

That said, if I were shopping for a seat for a young baby and considering RF usage more, I would really be looking hard at those new Recaros with the 35 lb. RF limit....

Sorry I'm no help. I only confirmed your list of Radian pros... :whistle:

arly1983

This seat is for Jackson, it will be the seat that DH uses to go pick him up from Early Intervention Preschool with, MIL will use the regent to take him in the mornings.....I wanted a convertable so that when he outgrows it could be used for Camille or a daycare child if needed....

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Big Recaro Con: Taking too dang long to appear on the market! :mad::(

:yeahthat:
Still, if you can wait it out, I'd go with the Signo. Have I mentioned that I can't believe the Radian's straps are BOLTED ON! I'm using my cat pee seat for DS right now, but I can still smell it. :thumbsdown:

hsjwmom

Honestly, would Jackson care if he got the flowery Madison? Probably not...at least until he was a bit older!

Um... I know some moms with boys haven't though of Blue Bouquet as too girly :whistle: If someone wants to order a Madison and trade for a Blue Bouquet... :D

Good grief. I am going to be hitting everyone up left and right. How embarrassing! I have no pride. :D

Last edited:

Mama2J

Um... I know some moms with boys haven't though of Blue Bouquet as too girly :whistle: If someone wants to order a Madison and trade for a Blue Bouquet... :D

Actually I like the Blue Bouquet for a boy! However, a flowery car seat (even blue) would be too much for my husband I think!

Back to the original question, I would get the Recaro if I needed something to go rear-facing (or a Britax convertible). I've heard too many install issues with the Radian. Even if you have LATCH, you'll eventually have to use a seat belt to install at some point. And what if you have to install it in someone else's car temporarily?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC