Called combi about rf tether

lpperry

I called Combi just now to ask if I could use the Radian D-ring to rf my Coccoro. He said "No, because it has not been tested with the Coccoro. The only one that has been tested is the Coccoro d-ring. It MIGHT be okay, if the Radian d-ring is the same thing, but we can't recommend it because we didn't test it."

So, then I asked him about the Britax d-ring. He had the same answer for that. I told him that a rep had told others that the old style Britax was allowed with the Coccoro. He said that he did not know who said that, and then repeated his early quote.

I am confused. Who said that the Britax D-rings were okay to use?

So, with the answer I got from this rep, if you have been ok with using the Britax d-rings, would you be comfortable using the Radian D-ring. I have a radian d-ring that I am not using because my rf Radian can directly tether to a tether anchor. I'd like to rf tether the Coccoro, but don't want to buy the Combi D-ring because it is expensive with the shipping.

Also, how do you prounounce Coccoro. I thought it was cuh cor o with emphasis on the cor. The rep pn it coke uh roh with emphasis on coke.

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I pronounce it like the rep does. Kind of like that lame 80's Beach Boys tune, "Kokomo". :ROTFLMAO:

And uh ya, no help with your real question.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Vera Fullaway is the rep that said they are ok. She's the customer liason person. She's awesome. And since the old Britax ones are exactly the same, that's why she said they are ok.

(I, personally, have no problem using any d-ring with any seat, though I have to disclaimer that when talking to parents, as it's a personal decision that goes against the instructions of the manufacturers. Except SKJP who have said that it's fine to tether to a Britax d-ring in the past.)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's Coke cor-o. I mispronounce it as well.

Vera Fullaway, the main Combi rep for techs, has stated the old style Britax is fine. And what she says on the testing is that It's not if the seat will fail, it's if they don't know if the D ring will hold from other companies. If you'd use your Britax or Radian rings with their respective seats and you trust them, go ahead and use them.

Wendy

Angela

Sorry to derail a bit, but are the d-rings going to come with the new seats? Just curious.
As for the question, personally, I agree with what the others have said.

creideamh

I was using my Radian tether with my CCO til I bought the CCO one... didn't have an old Britax one. I figure if it can hold a ridiculously heavy steel seat + 45lbs of child, then it'll probably hold super light seat + 33lb child. ;)

lpperry

Ok, I feel perfectly comfortable using the radian d ring with this information. That is exactly what I was thinking, but didn't want to use it if it was unsafe. Thanks!

Little Ps Mama

Not to hi-jack the post but, does anyone know how much the D-rings are from Combi? I have no others to use so I guess I need to get one from them! Thanks. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC