Question What dou think

lovemybabies924

Got this cco in a trade on swap and noticed these marks :(

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Last edited:
ADS

Cryssy Jane

The white parts look like little stress marks to me. It gives me personally a slightly uneasy feeling. The fuzzing on the harness adjuster doesn't bother me at all. Mine looks worse and I have no qualms about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The fuzzing on the harness strap wouldn't worry me at all, that's very common with that seat and doesn't indicate weakness of the adjuster.

Where on the shell are those other marks?

lovemybabies924

Is the plastic on this like the snugride? I know my sil snugride 30 has white marks all over it with no miss use or dropping and the same thing with my snugride22

lovemybabies924

Carrie_R said:
The fuzzing on the harness strap wouldn't worry me at all, that's very common with that seat and doesn't indicate weakness of the adjuster.

Where on the shell are those other marks?

On the part that touches the vehicle seat/ ground I think it's at another techs house

Cryssy Jane

lovemybabies924 said:
Is the plastic on this like the snugride? I know my sil snugride 30 has white marks all over it with no miss use or dropping and the same thing with my snugride22

My cco is from the first time they came out and I don't have any marks. I know there were issues with the sr22s and the colored plastic but I haven't heard of any other white mark issues since that.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ericarizo

So I went and removed the cover and found this along the top of the seat as well.

Last edited:

RYLANSMOM

Obviously it is "well" used and it just leaves me uneasy. If it was one small mark ok, whatever maybe I would look past that but for there to be SOOO many marks in all areas of the seat I just don't think I would chance it.

Pixels

Obviously it is "well" used and it just leaves me uneasy. If it was one small mark ok, whatever maybe I would look past that but for there to be SOOO many marks in all areas of the seat I just don't think I would chance it.

Actually I have the opposite response. If it was in one or two areas, then I would think it would be more likely abuse/crashed/damaged. This is fairly evenly spread out over the whole seat, even in areas that don't take any stress.

ericarizo

The original swapper states it was not like that when it was shipped. Could all that have happened while in transit?

ericarizo

Pixels said:
Actually I have the opposite response. If it was in one or two areas, then I would think it would be more likely abuse/crashed/damaged. This is fairly evenly spread out over the whole seat, even in areas that don't take any stress.

If it has been dropped could it have gotten some of these marks? I don't understand the one along the top of the seat and it is quite large.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I don't think that small scattered stress marks are anything to worry about. I would be worried if there were many that were around a belt path or near where the tether attaches to the shell. I own one of those SR22s that gets a stress mark if you look at it funny so I have seen them pop up for no reason. Wasn't there a webinar that talked about the manufacturing process that stated that this happens and is okay?

christineka

I would contact combi and send them the pictures. If the seat was damaged in transit, contact the shipping service. Hopefully, the shipper bought insurance.

lovemybabies924

christineka said:
I would contact combi and send them the pictures. If the seat was damaged in transit, contact the shipping service. Hopefully, the shipper bought insurance.

She said she did.. Looking for proof but I have had the seat for a few weeks.. She forgot to send the lock off so I have been waiting for that to use it

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC