Gah Come on Diono!

ADS

creideamh

Yeah, maybe if I liked the Radian more I could get past this, but I just can't. It makes me so angry.

luckyclov

Diono (username: diono) has an account here, but I'm not sure how active she is with keeping up with threads. Maybe one of us should bring this to her/their attention and see what the response is...I know I'm curious.

ETA: Nevermind. I sent a PM. :)
Hey,

Just wondering if you can make an appearance in this thread ( http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=189141 ) and weigh in with the company's "side" of selling aftermarket products for use with child restraints not manufactured by Diono (or previously SKJP). I know many of us, myself included, are curious.

Thanks,

luckyclov

I'm hoping she'll still visit the thread, but I did just receive a response:
Thanks for asking. Here is a link to the crash summary report we post on our website.
http://bit.ly/oqyfLN

As a CPSI, myself, I always advise parents to check with the CR manufacturer before using any accessories with their seats. Also, as a CPSI, I commend Diono for actually crash testing their accessory products and displaying those results for the world to see. Most companies will not do this.

Hope this helps.
Allana Pinkerton
DIONO
CPS Advocate

I'm pleased with her response.

Unfortunately, most parents/caregivers, as we know, do not read child restraint manuals, where most disallow use of aftermarket products with their CRs.

Pixels

Meh. Nothing new. Many car seat manufacturers sell unregulated products. Pretty much all the manufacturers have the same stance: You can use our products with our seats, or with anybody else's seats, but don't use anybody else's products with our seats!

Kat_Momof3

oh yeah, all that stuff has been on the SK site for years... hey, if people are only using them with diono seats, that'd be fine (I'm sure the headrests were tested with the Radians), but the seatbelt pillow bothers me as I just don't know how much/litle it interferes with belt placement.

Kobain's Mommy

(I'm sure the headrests were tested with the Radians),

Then why are the pictures showing an infant seat that looks to be an Evenflo seat with the babies not even buckled in? To me them saying they are crash tested is no better than XYZ brand saying theirs are crash tested.

Pixels

Marketing and engineering are two separate departments. Just because their marketing pictures are HORRIBLE doesn't mean they didn't test and design them carefully.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC