Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

any links to injuries/death from no booster use (age 8-12)?

Anyone have a link (video, article) to an incident involving a child 8-12 who was in a seatbelt only and suffered injuries or fatality b/c he/she was not in a booster?

I am tired of people throwing out the booster at age 8. Anything? The worse the outcome, the better. I want to REACH people, somehow. I prefer not just a crash dummy video.
    Seatbelt and 59" (9 YO)
    Harmony Youth (8 YO)/Clek Olli (6YO)
    Harmony Dreamtime (5 YO)
    Clek Fllo (3 YO, RF)/Graco 40 (15 months)
    + 2 Recaro Performance boosters in spare car

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

There was a crash on the NY Thruway where a girl age 10 or 11 died in a crash about 2 years ago im my area.... I will dig around for it.

Eta:

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/56115...&smobile=y&c=y

It doesn't say because she wasn't in a booster, but none of the adults died http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/ar...ancaster-crash

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Just because a kid died doesn't mean the kid died because s/he wasn't in a booster. It could have been because the child wasn't restrained at all (and might have survived in a regular seat belt), or it could have been because of the point of impact, etc.

What you need in this case are situations where a child suffered from seat belt syndrome, and it might be hard to find examples given that exact medical details are rarely given.

CPS Fanatic

Re: any links to injuries/death from no booster use (age 8-12)?

Yes, agree!

Just looking for something that would convince people to booster beyond age 8.

I figured if there were some perfect example out there...
    Seatbelt and 59" (9 YO)
    Harmony Youth (8 YO)/Clek Olli (6YO)
    Harmony Dreamtime (5 YO)
    Clek Fllo (3 YO, RF)/Graco 40 (15 months)
    + 2 Recaro Performance boosters in spare car

CPS Technician
    Boosttil8.com has a great video with Kyle Sorensen.
    DS 4/06 Recaro Performance Booster; DS 1/08 FR90; DD 10/09 RF XTSL; 10/11 RF XTSL

8. Thank You from:

Re: any links to injuries/death from no booster use (age 8-12)?

Thank you for that video link! I cant wait to show it to my girls when they get home from school. My oldest will be 12 next month and she's too big for a booster. She's already 5ft tall and 100lbs. She fits in the seatbelt perfectly fine but I'm constantly having to remind her to sit up properly and not slouch down. My other daughter will be 9 next month and she still sits in a booster bc she doesnt fit a seatbelt properly without one. She doesnt mind it, but I'm constantly reminding her to sit properly as well and not sit sideways, etc. I'm hoping that this video will help them to understand how severe it could be if they dont sit properly.

Jaiden-16, Kendall-13, Nolan-7
    Reid-2