Does it exist?

kdkm

Is there a convertible seat out there that is light weight, easy to install, and has easy to do buckles?

I went to Toys R Us and played with the seat buckles and the only ones I could do easily were the the MA70 and MR65. (I also found the KF30 and GN (with the old style harness) to be easy as well).

I know both of these seats are pretty easy installs but they are both big and bulky (right?) and seem like they would be harder for kids to climb into?

The new Graco buckles and the evenflo seats especially were all a no go for me. They were too hard to undo.

So does such a seat exist that is light weight, easy to install and unbuckles fairly easily?

This is purely hypothetical as I don't have kids yet and different seats will be out by the time that I do. I have a weakness in my arms/hands frequently and have problems lifting things sometimes. That, combined with my car seat interest made me wonder if such a seat even exists right now that would be easy for me to use on a daily basis.

ADS

monstah

The Coccoro has possibly the easiest buckle on earth and the harness tightens like a dream.

Sent from my Nexus One using Car-Seat.Org

henrietta

Also, some folks with arthritis find using something like the blunt end of a screw driver or a wooden dowel useful for pushing down on the buckle. That can help w/a difficult buckle, but if you're prone to slipping or can't feel your fingers, it may not be the best solution in case you were to slip and it injure the child.

As far as easy installs and lifting the seat go, unless you will be taking it out frequently, I would choose the seat that is easiest for you to buckle/unbuckle and tighten the harness. Someone else can install the seat for you or with you, but you'll be on your own for getting the baby in and out most of the time. And an infant seat may be really nice for you in the early days, b/c it can be easier to buckle/unbuckle baby right in front of you, as opposed to from the side.

henrietta

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'll third the Coccoro. The buckle pushes down, not in (if that makes sense). It's a "different" type of install, but usually very easy once you get used to it.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
The MyRide isn't all that heavy. Big--yes, but not heavy. I carry mine at the "elbow" of the seat as I'm looking at it.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC