Vent poor boy.....Child death mentioned

momtotwogirls

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...old-falls-out-of-moving-car,-dies-in-maricopa

MARICOPA, Ariz. (AP) — A 3-year-old boy has died in Maricopa after falling out of the window of a moving vehicle. Police in the town south of Phoenix tell ABC 15. Com (http://bit.ly/nFhCMf ) the child fell out of a back window of a Ford Explorer Monday while two older siblings, ages 4 and 5, were also in the back seat.

The boy was transported to Maricopa Medical Center in Phoenix where he was pronounced dead Monday night.

Police spokeswoman LaTricia Woods says all three children were not wearing seatbelts.

Police were interviewing the boy’s mother late Monday night, who was reportedly driving the SUV at the time.

ADS

Baylor

UGH!! This just makes me furious!! That poor baby.. and that parent.. Sorry.. That is all I got.

Last edited:

Baylor

Here is my conundrum. I am furious at a person that could put their child in the back seat of a car without being properly strapped in. I am furious that people don't care enough to find out about car safety or to use even that basic parental instinct that says, I need my child to be safe.

My heart hurts for someone was killed. Someone who was needless hurt and killed because of the negligence of the person that was supposed to love and protect them.

Yet, My heart is also hurting for this mother who for the rest of her life will have to think.. " If only"

I am sad, hurt, and furious all at once..
Aren't you glad you are not visiting here today... :(

msg221

And here is a perfect example of why 3 year-olds should NOT be in booster seats, much less in NOTHING at all like these children!!!! I guess I know what I'll be posting on my FB for my Child Passenger Safety Week tip! USE A CHILD RESTRAINT!!!!

Baylor

And here is a perfect example of why 3 year-olds should NOT be in booster seats, much less in NOTHING at all like these children!!!! I guess I know what I'll be posting on my FB for my Child Passenger Safety Week tip! USE A CHILD RESTRAINT!!!!

Amen.

momtotwogirls

I sad for the mom and for the child as well. its sad that kids have to suffer because the people who are supposed to keep them safe just dont know.

smileybrea

CPS Technician
Being from AZ I'm sad to say this is common. On a daily basis and often times multiple times per day I see kids hanging out windows, bopping around the car, sitting in the front seat (little little ones most who you can barely see over the window). It's so so sad and hard to see. People just don't care or know any better. There is a lack of education and information getting to those who need it and uneducated police officers to enforce it. And don't even get me started on state laws regarding seatbelt..much less child restraints :(

keri1292

I'm most sad for the siblings who watched their little brother fall. I hope they're young enough to forget that night. :(

momtotwogirls

Being from AZ I'm sad to say this is common. On a daily basis and often times multiple times per day I see kids hanging out windows, bopping around the car, sitting in the front seat (little little ones most who you can barely see over the window). It's so so sad and hard to see. People just don't care or know any better. There is a lack of education and information getting to those who need it and uneducated police officers to enforce it. And don't even get me started on state laws regarding seatbelt..much less child restraints :(

yeah the AZ laws are bad. I was looking them up because my neice and sister are convinced the booster law in NV was 49" not 4'9" so she was excited to be out of a booster at just 7 yrs old. She moved down to AZ with her dad and I know she isnt using a booster.

agurlsride

Yeah, its amazing how many people I've seen with their children bouncing around in the back seat...I feel like holding up a sign saying "I hope you have the money to pay for your child's funeral, it'd be much cheaper just to buy a car seat". Its also terrifying to see the kids riding in the back of a truck...which happens often, and sometimes you'll see it on the freeway. Ugh...

"And don't even get me started on state laws regarding seatbelt..much less child restraints"

Heh, what state laws, LOL. I found out just before we moved out of AZ that they can't pull you over for not wearing your seatbelt. Its a secondary offense!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC