Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

help/suggestions with carseat upgrade

My girl is 3 1/2 and 37 lbs (not sure how tall- but sure it is above average). she has outgrown her 2nd carseat and I want to buy the new/last one. Read great things about the Graco Nautilis 3 in 1 and it is in our price range. Need something with good padding on lower back as she complains about that on alot of car rides....any suggestions for me? Want to stay around $150...

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic
    If I were you I would do a quick torso and overall height measure just to be safw. The GN and Evenflo Maestro are good choices, but if you have a child with a long torso they may not last as long as you would like. The GN doesnt make a good booster for alot of kids, it doesnt fit right, the Maestro makes a better booster. The Britax Frontier 85 is more expensive, but its harness straps go higher.

Which seat is she in now? My almost 3 year old 42 inch 44lb dd still fits in her convertable.

Re: help/suggestions with carseat upgrade

The Maestro makes a fabulous seat if it fits your child. Don't get hung up on "last" seat -- boosters are cheap if you end up having to buy one later

--Sarah & D.J. (3-20-04)
    DS (08/07) ~ 8 ~ 52 pound ~ Graco Highback Turbobooster -- 3rd Grade!
    DD (08/11) ~ 4 yr ~ 32 lb ~ Britax Roundabout 50, Maestro -- Pre-K!