Horrible

BrookysMommy

I was giving my friends sister some of DDs old baby gear yesterday and when she pulled up in a pick up truck, I didnt think she had her DD2 with her becuase it only has the front bench.
Then she tells me to come see the baby (6 months)! I was worried when she said this.
Then I see the most horrible misuse Ive seen! She has the baby, in an infant bucket, not strapped in, with a big coat. :mad:
But, it gets worse. The car seat is forward facing, not even seatbelted in! Im about to cry at this point. I figure if I can get her to let me hold the baby, I can strap her back in when Im done. But, she doesnt let me hold her, and she wont even take her out of the car. I tryed to tell her all of the things that needed to be fixed (in a nice way) and she looked at me like I had 3 heads! Thank god they only live a block away, but I am worried to death about this baby. I prayed for her, even tho Im not very religous. Please help me figure out a way to get this baby safer!

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
If your state law allows car seat misuse to be ticketed as a primary offense (no excuse needed to pull over and ticket other than the car seat) maybe you can talk a cop into pulling her over as she pulls out of her driveway and giving her a fix-it ticket.

I believe Washington State has a number you can call to report misuse of car seats, and they can't issue a ticket but they mail out car seat safety packets to the offending driver.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC