Does anyone else's child complain of pain in CA?

Little Ps Mama

DS has recently moved from his MR to the CA in our van. Almost every time he's in it for more than 10 minutes, he starts complaining that his back or bottom hurts. I've checked the seat over, the straps are as they should be... I can't figure out what's causing the problem. He's never complained in the MR. Any ideas or similar experiences?

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
My daughter is pre-verbal, but she seems quite content in the CA. The 5 year old that I've had in it forward-facing used to say it was the most comfortable car seat she'd ever been in, until I got her a Frontier for her mom's car. She still likes the CA, though.

I think it must be one of those things where different shaped kids are comfortable in different seats.

momtotwogirls

My 4 yr old complains when rf in the CA and ALWAYS has a red mark on her back when getting out. My 2 yr old always has a mark but doesnt complain. ive checked and checked and nothing is poking her. We havent used the CA in 3 or so months rf for this reason.

ntrenary

My DS has never complained about his CA. He even asked me to switch it back RFing when I first turned him a few months ago, so it must have been comfortable enough for him.:)

Jillian

YUP! DS complained of the neck straps digging into his neck (he has super sensitive skin so the marks were visible).

I got a RN80sl on clearance, it has wider set straps.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC