Cybex Aton Reprieve!!!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
WOO-HOO!!!!

I was so hoping the X-Fix would stay available! (And the LATCH Guides. Yes, I can't stop harping on them. I :love: them.) The Aton, well, it's an awesome infant seat (though I have no love for infant seats. ;) )

J-max

CPST Instructor
I really hope this is true!!!

I love my Aton, and it is the first seat DH can easily install correctly!

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Until I hear from the company, I'm skeptical. The Aton, especially, is such a great seat that I'd like to see stick around, but, yeah, I'm skeptical.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
murphydog77 said:
Until I hear from the company, I'm skeptical. The Aton, especially, is such a great seat that I'd like to see stick around, but, yeah, I'm skeptical.

If it's a press release shouldn't CarseatBlog have received one? Who's this random dude getting it?

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
I don't know how information is passed or who it is passed to first. But I do know that at work (Buy Buy Baby) we have received no information that the seat would not continue to be sold. It is still active in our computer system for reordering.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Interesting...

I can say that I personally spoke with their rep regarding the discontinuation. But I never saw a press release that officially "put it in writing". We definitely have not received any info to the contrary. Could they have changed their minds? I'm skeptical but it's possible. <fingers crossed>

We'll update as soon as we're able to confirm or deny this rumor.

kaitlyn

Senior Community Member
TheBabyGuy is a CPST and baby planner. He has contact with a lot of companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I am trying to confirm this with the main Cybex representatives this morning. Of course, one is already at ABC Kids and has a vacation email so I'll try to call later. I will say it is curious that there was never an official press release and the only other place I can find that reported the news is magic beans.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
This came in this morning's email from ThinkPR, the public relations firm for Cybex. Still waiting for confirmation from the people at Regal Lager:

CYBEX TO CONTINUE SELLING THE ATON AND SOLUTION X-FIX IN THE U.S. MARKET

New York, NY (September 19, 2011) - Regal Lager, the U.S. distributor for CYBEX, recently announced that they will no longer sell the CYBEX Aton and Solution X-fix within the U.S.; It is important to reiterate CYBEX’s commitment to the U.S., let consumers know that we are currently working with Regal Lager to find a solution which will guarantee the continued sale of CYBEX car seats within the U.S. market. This is not a quality or safety issue nor will it have any impact on the sales and distribution of CYBEX strollers and baby carriers. The CYBEX range of strollers and baby carriers will continue to be sold throughout the U.S.
###

ABOUT CYBEX:
CYBEX develops and distributes safe, innovative and lifestyle-led infant and children’s products for parents. Our vision is to achieve the seemingly impossible. This finds expression in the CYBEX S.D.F. Innovation Principle, which aims to provide above-average Safety and quality, coupled with distinctive Design and ingenious Functionality. For more information please visit www.cybex-online.com

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC