Today I saw....

ThreeBeans

A rearfacing toddler. On the highway.

(Yes, if it was you, that was me rubbernecking your car ;) )

It was a little girl, maybe about 2. It was so refreshing to see. I couldn't tell what seat she was in, but I could see she had all kinds of room in the shell, a good 2 or 3 inches from the top.

The only thing is, I don't think I've ever seen another rearfacing toddler besides my own two :(

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Where do you live? I've only seen 2 other toddlers RF here, but I rubbernecked the heck out of them lol!

Ali

That's great! The information is starting to get out there about RF to the limits of the seat. Too slowly IMO, but at least it's getting out there.

LimePink

Senior Community Member
That's awesome...I hope I can see that too one day!! Hopefully it will start to become the norm in the US, I just don't see it happening anytime soon though.:(

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Weel, it wasn't me! :p That's great you saw someone ERF'ing. I love taking my mom's car places, because it isn't tinted and you can actualy see DD RFing. My car and DH's car are so tinted nobody can see in.

Jordynsmama

Weel, it wasn't me! :p That's great you saw someone ERF'ing. I love taking my mom's car places, because it isn't tinted and you can actualy see DD RFing. My car and DH's car are so tinted nobody can see in.

Me too!!! My car is too tinted for anyone to see my Regent. But in my mom's car you can see. She usually is in the PW in her car but for long trips I install the regent. We are so weird to want someone to see are kids in their seats. Such show offs!

lynsgirl

:D The only RF toddler I've ever seen IRL while driving (besides my own and my friend's dd), I saw a couple of lanes over while at a stoplight. I was craning my neck and trying to get a better look, because I just couldn't believe it. And imagine my good fortune when they moved right next to me! :2thumbsup: The little boy was probably between 18mos and 2 yrs old. The downfall to this was I was convinced the more I looked that it was a RA, but probably an *expired* one, since it had a navy blue shell. :doh: I did manage to ascertain that it was most likely a RA (since I did see a Britax label when the little boy moved his head :whistle: . I sure hope his parents didn't see me trying my best to see their kid and his seat. It was definitely better to do a double take at a RF toddler instead of my usual cringing half-shocked deals when I see totally unrestrained kids or whatever else is usually in my line of vision :eek: .

mommy2zander+baby

Senior Community Member
It wasn't us either... but I drove the car without tinted windows this week (our cpst class instructors wanted older cars with different seat belt systems) & was excited to show off our rfing 3 yr old! :D Actually makes me think about having a family vehicle without tint so more people can see safe carseat use on the road... :cool:

edited to add: I almost forgot to add that at our seat check (on the last day of our class), my friend got to help a mama turn her 1 yr old back rfing... plus there was another rfing toddler in another vehicle (that also left rfing - I guess a lot of families come to our local seat checks to have their seats turned ffing - but don't worry, they/we walk them through it rather then do it for them)!! :D (& some of them/us mention that rfing is still safer!)

southpawboston

A rearfacing toddler. On the highway.

It was a little girl, maybe about 2. It was so refreshing to see. I couldn't tell what seat she was in, but I could see she had all kinds of room in the shell, a good 2 or 3 inches from the top.

The only thing is, I don't think I've ever seen another rearfacing toddler besides my own two :(

I live in Western MA :D

hehe, we were driving through western MA on I90 today returning home from western NYS! ;) but we have dark windows, so it would have been hard to see our RF DD2, although she is also just 1yo... so not likely the one you saw.

We're in the market for a minivan and one of the requirements is no/low tint :p

why? tint blocks 99% of UV and reduces the heat of the vehicle as well as protecting kiddos eyes from solar glare. we just got our car tinted for exactly these reasons.

ThreeBeans

I do love that our tint keeps my kids cool and not burned. Still I want to show the little stinkers off. I'll have to settle for my carseat bumper stickers to spread the word.

I was on I90, SPB. It was a Subaru. You sure it wasn't you? :p

Wineaux

That's awesome! It almost makes up for what I saw last week...

Someone putting an infant seat, RF, into the FRONT SEAT of a very new looking Nissan Altima! :eek:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
:D The only RF toddler I've ever seen IRL while driving (besides my own and my friend's dd), I saw a couple of lanes over while at a stoplight. I was craning my neck and trying to get a better look, because I just couldn't believe it. And imagine my good fortune when they moved right next to me! :2thumbsup: The little boy was probably between 18mos and 2 yrs old. The downfall to this was I was convinced the more I looked that it was a RA, but probably an *expired* one, since it had a navy blue shell. :doh: I did manage to ascertain that it was most likely a RA (since I did see a Britax label when the little boy moved his head :whistle: . I sure hope his parents didn't see me trying my best to see their kid and his seat. It was definitely better to do a double take at a RF toddler instead of my usual cringing half-shocked deals when I see totally unrestrained kids or whatever else is usually in my line of vision :eek: .

You might get to see my nieces when they go down that way to visit grandparents! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC