Marthon problem, replace or not?

Marvin711

Have a LATCH strap that is slipping and loosening for some reason! Marathon is out of 1 year warranty but still has 2+ years of use left....called Britax and was told since I didn't report it the first time it happened and seat can be installed with seatbelt so LATCH isn't essential, then the best they can do is offer to let me purchase replacement at a discount.

***RANT*** I know the is probably a fair response from them, but was still a little miffed, it is the principle of the matter! We love Britax seats, have owned lots of them, this seat though the elastic is shot on the cover and now the LATCH strap slipping! Ugh! I think it is reasonable to be able to expect to use the seat and all its features until it expires!! Frustrated! Plus I discovered I have a Radian XTSL with a faulty LATCH strap this week as well...also had a cover issue with my CCO, kudos to Combi for excellent CS though! So maybe everything combined just put me over the top in the car seat department!!**** Ok done :)

So, should I do it? I would have to purchase a new seat to replace this one for my little one before she outgrows it and they are offering a good deal...it would be the Marathon 70 which I haven't used but am thinking there isn't anything majorly difference aside from the obvious weight diff?

ADS

lovemybabies924

if your gonna need a new seat anyway, and would consider the ma70 next... then i would go for it if it was a really good deal...

tam_shops

If LO is FF, I'd claim that the new MA isn't tall enough for your LO and that you'd need a classic (w/ taller shell) or a Frontier. See if they'll do the swap for you. They swapped a Frontier for a MA for me a few years back, so can't hurt to try if you'd prefer that seat.

What kind of *discount*, could you take the new seat, sell it, then continue using this seat as is? Or do they want it back? I have a friend that had a similar problem (something about the plastic on latch broke) and they sent her a new one and told her to toss the old one.

tam

zactayaus

Another thing to think about is that if your LO is still RF there is less leg room in the newer Britax seats than the older versions. We own both and my ds is pretty squished in the RA55 but is still quite comfy in his classic MA's.

Reactions: Kac

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC