Debriefing after today's clinic

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Short on techs, and space, and lots of seats to check. My wrists hurt. My shoulder hurts. Why? The last install of the day. 2004 Volvo XC90. I have a personal problem with Volvos. This one almost won me over. Almost.

I opened the door and saw FFing XTSL (something NEVER seen outside my car), SR22, FF MA. XTSL- 5 yr old, SR- 2 days old, MA-22 months. Dad did PERFECT installs. He only FFed the 22 month old do to feeling there was not room to RF. He was all for RFing, if I could make sure the driver and passenger had room. Ok, I like a challenge.

He put a rolled small towel behind the XTSL. Why? Because the latch was slipping. The rolling towel changed the geometry, and it worked.

For the next hour and a half, I make sure I could RF the 22 month old, got the driver's seat less gangsta, and removed the towel. Yeah, removing the towel made the latch not work. The buckle, for a seat belt install was pointing towards the front of the car. I tried over and over, hence the wrist and shoulder pain, to get the install to work. Didn't work. So, I didn't push the seat back. Left a slight gap. Latch worked.

Want pics?

Passenger side:

IMG_7886.jpg

IMG_7897.jpg

Driver:

IMG_7894.jpg

MA is at about 33 degrees. Lots of room up front.

MA: latch
SR22: seat belt
XTSL: latch

ADS

babyherder

Yay! I've always installed with seatbelt in my volvo but its from 1996 and doesn't even have latch. So far ff installs with seatbelt have been really easy (thanks to seatbelt mode on the buckle). I've never had reason to do a rf install and now all my babysitting kids are boostered (and that's a pain with the non removable and non adjustable headrests). Maybe someday I'll be brave and try a rf install with my comfort sport just for fun.

ILoveMy3Boys

Yikes! Did it rain on you guys at all?

Do you think having the bucket in the center is going to be a PITB? That's why I chose for Miss Girl to be outboard and Nolan to be center because I didn't want to try to get her seat in the middle and fight the RN or soon to be FR85.

How often do you guys do the checks there at Capitol? Once the new dealership opens in NE Salem will it move there?

Don't you love my million questions? :p

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yikes! Did it rain on you guys at all?

Do you think having the bucket in the center is going to be a PITB? That's why I chose for Miss Girl to be outboard and Nolan to be center because I didn't want to try to get her seat in the middle and fight the RN or soon to be FR85.

How often do you guys do the checks there at Capitol? Once the new dealership opens in NE Salem will it move there?

Don't you love my million questions? :p

No.

Yes, but I couldn't fit it behind the passenger or driver, and they had it center when it came in.

First time. So, no clue.

Yes!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yes, we did have people just drive by. We had 5 techs, but 2 were new. So, we had 4 techs, really, 1 of the new techs worked with an older tech. Some parents waiting an hour and a half.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I told him that when the baby gets big, we could RF in the ma, and the now month old can RF in the xtsl.

tam_shops

Looks great! Very creative towel idea, assume it's not aloud b/c you were talking about FF, right?

LOL on those covers/seats, I have (had the SR22) all those seats w/ the same covers!

tam

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Looks great! Very creative towel idea, assume it's not aloud b/c you were talking about FF, right?

LOL on those covers/seats, I have (had the SR22) all those seats w/ the same covers!

tam

yep, no towel due to FFing, but really, not RFing due to being a Radian.

I totally looked in the car and thought that it totally could be my car.

caritas

oh fun! Maybe I should take the course and be around for another one. ;)

But who on earth would schedule a car seat check on O'fest weekend?!?! :) That's just blasphemy! ;)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
oh fun! Maybe I should take the course and be around for another one. ;)

But who on earth would schedule a car seat check on O'fest weekend?!?! :) That's just blasphemy! ;)

You should take the course. I went to o fest on Sunday. Gabe had never gone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC