Is the Gymboree outlet worth shopping at?

msg221

It has been years since I have been shopping at any outlet mall. Sometimes I found that the outlet stores really weren't any cheaper than the regular store. Anyway, on our way out to my brother's in Calif., we passed this ginormous outlet mall and we are thinking of leaving early so we can hit it up on our way back to Phoenix. I went online to see what stores are in there and there is a Gymbo outlet. If they really do have good deals than I would like to go in and start picking up Christmas gifts for the kids. I normally do not shop Gymbo because I think their regular prices are outrageous. I did buy Katelyn an outfit there last Christmas when I got a screaming deal on it (online). So tell me, are the outlet prices worth it?

ADS

lanwenyi

Generally, no. I find that shopping sale/clearance at a regular Gymboree store w/ a coupon is MUCH cheaper (I usually pay target prices for my kids' gymbo clothes: $6-8 for 1-piece outfits, $10-15 for a casual outfit, $20-25 for a fancy boys' outfit, $12-16 for a casual dress, $14-25 for fancy dresses).

The outlet stores don't run the sales/clearance that the reg stores do. Once the clothes go there, they go back to full price. By the time the price goes down, there are no matching pieces left. The outlets also do NOT accept Gymboree coupons. They do (sometimes) accept Gymbucks.

The only time I shop at the outlet is when I need to get a matching piece (ie: DS got spaghetti sauce on his easter outfit that I'd bought in the sale the previous year, so I went to the outlet to find a new top, from last year's line, that would match the rest of his outfit and DD's outfit)

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I don't think so. We buy a ton of Gymbo but I never pay full price so the outlet is more spendy to me.

Also the quality inst the same as the quality from the Gymbo store. One of the main reasons I shop Gymbo is because of the quality and ease of cleaning...you don't get that at the outlet.

marjen

I'd say no. Most of the stuff there (at least at our local Gymbo outlets) is made specifically for the outlet, and isn't the same quality. You can check the tag to see if it's "outlet" clothing. Sometimes I've gotten a few random deals, but I wouldn't go out of my way to shop there.

lanwenyi

Wow, I had no idea that there was so much "outlet" exclusive merchandise. My Gymbo outlet has last year's lines. I recognize many (and own some) of the outfits that I saw/purchased at the reg stores the previous year. Even the tags matched. I never checked the "full-price" stuff, so maybe that is where my Gymbo outlet keeps the "outlet exclusive" stuff. After seeing the prices vs what I can get in the reg store, I passed. When I go to the outlet mall, I walk right past the Gymbo outlet.

OP - Good choice. I'd watch for sales, sign up for the coupons, and check the clearance racks at your local Gymboree store instead.

rxmommy

The one that I have been to had outlet-exclusive lines and they were not that much cheaper and the quality is lousy. I can feel a distinct difference between our Gymbo clothes and the box o' outlet clothes my mom just sent us. :(

Lemonade

Yeah...not worth it. Our outlet just has previous years stuff. But like others have said, not discounted and no coupons and you can't return outlet stuff to a regular store and vice versa. Annoying. I have a handful of regular gymbo stores within 30 minutes and one outlet 30 minutes away. I will not be going back to the outlet unless I am at that mall for something else and even then...

LM4M

CPST Instructor
The Gymbo outlet does NOT use regular gymbo stuff. It might LOOK like the previous years lines, that's because it's recreated. You will never see the same items there. You might see the same applique on a shirt, but it will be a different colored shirt, or the same print skirt, but different style. They are recreated and NEVER are overstock or leftovers from a gymbo store. The tags are even different.

SavsMom

Yeah - the merchandise at the outlets is made just for the outlets, it may not be as high of quality as you find in the regular store. HOWEVER, I do find some good buys at the Gymbo and Gap outlets. Back in May I managed to find jeans at the Gymbo outlet on clearance for $2/each, as well as some shirts for $2/each as well - it really just depends. I wouldn't make a special trip to an outlet for anything, but if I am in the area I might just drop in and see if they have anything worth buying.

luckyclov

Outlet stuff seems to shrink more and be made from lower quality materials.

I do shop there sometimes - but mostly to find pieces from the previous year (Gymboree Outlet lines tend to run a year behind the regular Gymboree lines) to fill in gaps or complete an oufit that they have an outgrown top/bottom. Very rarely do they have the same exact item as a regular Gymboree's version, it's usually the same line/colors, but with a little switch up here and there.

krfogle88

I am going to the odd ball I guess. I LOVE the outlet here. The prices are always a lot cheaper than the store. I normally do not spend more than $7 on a piece of clothing. Normally I pay about $3-4 on a shirt and $5-6 on a pair of jeans. I have had no quality issues with the Gymbo outlet clothing vs mall store. Also, the closest regular Gymboree store is 45-50 minutes away compared to the 15 of the outlet store.

msg221

Thank you all for saving me a trip out there!

Like I said, it's been forever since I've shopped the outlets. I also assumed that the outlet stores just sold past season's lines. I never thought about them being lesser quality.

We didn't end up leaving early so we could hit the outlet mall. We stayed at my brother's house until about 3 p.m. instead. It's just as well, I needed to recover from the margaritas we were drinking last night until 1 a.m. :whistle: Yeah, never thought I'd be knocking back cocktails with my niece (she just turned 21 last month).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC