Question Rear ended, replace seat?

tracee877

We were just rear ended. Everyone is fine and there is very little damage. DS was in a Nautilus, does it need to be replaced? If so how do I go about getting it replaced? I just got it 2 weeks ago. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

tracee877

Thanks, that's what I figured UGH. DH is saying it's fine even though the manual says to replace.:mad: The other person's insurance is Farm Bureau. Has anyone ever dealt with them for replacement?

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Did anyone have any injuries? Air bags deploy on other car? These would all help your case... I would call their ins co first thing Monday morning... Be prepared for a fight, good luck!

tracee877

Did anyone have any injuries? Air bags deploy on other car? These would all help your case... I would call their ins co first thing Monday morning... Be prepared for a fight, good luck!

Nope. In fact according to the NHSTA web site it's fine to use. GRR why couldn't the Frontier have been in the car instead.:rolleyes:

Cath3114

I had a seat replaced by Farm Bureau in June after being rear-ended. They didn't give me any problems. I was never asked to show what kind of seat had been crashed or how much it had originally cost. I just emailed my adjuster a receipt (for the new seat) and she cut me a check.

I will say, I do have a connection within Farm Bureau. A cousin works there, and I asked her about the replacement before I even talked to the adjuster, and she also spoke to the adjuster about replacing it. So while they will replace it for you, you may have to go through a bit more of a process than I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

tracee877

They did replace it, but they insisted that I get the EXACT same seat and they wanted the crashed seat before they would pay for the new one. A bit annoying but I'm glad they did replace it. They did let me keep the cover off of it which was nice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC