Since it is FF thread day...

hrice

I have really been thinking about turning Colton. He still fits and has a long time to grow RF in his Radians but...he begs to FF almost every single ride. He also has been messing with his chest clip and won't stop. And I'm BORED! WWYD? He is 3y3m.

And here I just posted in another thread that I want to FF till 4. I do. I just don't want to fight him anymore. Sigh.

ADS

Splash

I'd flip him. He's well old enough, and a properly used FF seat is safer than an improperly use RF seat. Same reason I'm turning Sam. And his issue started out with just sliding the clip all the way down, too.

Kat_Momof3

I agree... if he's asking in a good way, I'd go ahead and flip him... but continue reminding him that his chest clip needs to stay put when the car is moving... he can push it down and start unbuckling when the car is completely stopped and you tell him he can.

luckyclov

I'd flip him. I'm fairly comfortable with a 3-year old forward-facing anyways, nevermind when there's a potential safety issue going on.

gsdguenter

First I'd try and see if I could teach him not to mess with the clip. If that didn't work I'd flip him. I am in the rf as long as possible camp, BUT he's not safe if he's messing with the harness.

hrice

I just spent over an hour rearranging seats. I had his RN in FF but chickened out and flipped it. It freaked me out see it FF. I will keep on him about moving the chest clip. Hopefully he will give up.

christineka

When rfing, having the clip too low isn't a huge deal. When ffing, that clip placement is a bigger deal. Honestly, a chest clip isn't even necessary and sk has said the seat passes without it. I removed the clip when my dd started playing with it. A few months later I put it back on and she's left it alone since.

lourdes

Have you consider getting another clip from dorell and replacement it with the one on the RN? Dorell clips are really stiff even to move un and down.

hrice

lourdes said:
Have you consider getting another clip from dorell and replacement it with the one on the RN? Dorell clips are really stiff even to move un and down.

You are not allowed to swap parts from other manufacturers.

But I agree that Dorel clips are very hard to move!

ripley

I don't know if this would work for you, but DD was begging to ride FF. She is way to small in my opinion(at 2 and 24lbs) but DS just turned FF (at 4). Well we went on some trips and her carseat was in DH's truck so I had to throw the spare scerena in my car for our errands. She is just at the max for RF for height so I put it in FF. She got to run errands FF for a few days and is now back in her RF seat and she hasn't asked to FF again. I guess she just wanted to know what it was like or something.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC