When you start FFing your kiddo?

When did you flip the kiddo around?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sb518

Poll to follow.

Once you were educated about the safety of rear-facing, when did you feel okay about your child FFing?

ADS

Aurezalia

Also on the app, and no kids of my own yet, but I flipped T on his 4th birthday and it took me about a week to settle into it. Of course, then he requested rf'ing again. :eyeroll:

I've been thinking about your situation with m's seats... Any way you can hold out for kiddy's shield seat? I think it would be perfect, no installing, etc - if you can hold out long enough. =/

I may appear to have broken the english language, go ahead and blame my phone. Sent from my Droid

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Girls...4. Bodhi, 2. He is FF in my car, RF in the Explorer. With him RF in my car, it's WWIII in there and I'm very distracted.

christineka

I finally flipped dd3 for the last time on her 6th birthday. After I found out about erfing, I turned dd forward when she was 4, but she was so very tiny and ds would kick her anyway. It was more the "she's so tiny" thing that kept her rfing. I turned ds2 ffing at 4.5 years when he maxed out the 35 pound seat. I didn't like it, though, so I figured out a way and turned him back rfing a few weeks later. I intend to keep ds rfing until he maxes out the radian 80 (40 pounds).

ElfJewel

I am ok with occasional FF at 3, in my car I would be ok at 4. J is RF because of a combination of "she wants to" and "Ian will kick her in the face if she FF" and "the seats fit better in the car that way". She FF in the Nautilus if one of the older kids isn't in the car.

ETA: I would buy a new seat if they reached the limits before 3, but probably not after.

Last edited:

essnce629

I turned DS1 ff'ing when he reached the limit of his britax RA by weight (33lbs) when he was 2 1/2. He's 8 now.

DS2 is still rf'ing at 27 months and will be for a lot longer since he's only 26lbs and his TFP goes up to 35lbs rf'ing.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Are you guys using the app that don't have a poll using Android? Because the iOS version does show the poll. At the top of the page, above the post, there is a link "View Poll" and if you click that it takes you to the poll.

As for my answer, I didn't answer because I wasn't sure what answer you wanted Tumble? The poll question asks, "when did you flip the kiddo around?" but your post states "when did you feel okay about your child FFing?". Mine are 2 different ages. There also isn't a poll choice for the age I felt okay about it, because quite honestly, I don't yet feel okay about it (she just turned 5).

skylinphoto

My ds rf'd to 4 yrs.
My goal for my dd is 4 yrs old as well (she's begging to ff and I told her when she turns 4 she will have that option).

Edit: btw, I'm using the app on android and was able to vote/see the poll.

Aurezalia

TechnoGranola said:
Are you guys using the app that don't have a poll using Android? Because the iOS version does show the poll. At the top of the page, above the post, there is a link "View Poll" and if you click that it takes you to the poll.

I'm using android, just updated and now I have the option to see the poll. :eek:

I may appear to have broken the english language, go ahead and blame my phone. Sent from my Droid

christineka

There also isn't a poll choice for the age I felt okay about it

Same here for my dd. She can still rf in the radian. I flipped her forward at 33 pounds and age 6. She was over 4 years old, but hadn't maxed out the seat. I am only sorta willing to buy/otherwise acquire a new seat. If my minimum couldn't be reached, I'd go get one, but I'm currently very happy with my 40 pound rfing seats. I don't think my kids need a higher rfing weight limit.

msg221

I haven't flipped any of the kids yet. Zain has outgrown the TFP rear facing by weight and is just about to max out the MR by height so either he goes FF or I put the RN back in my car. It just reclines so much in my vehicle though.

I will flip them after they max out the limits on the seat RF.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
My iPhone app doesn't let me see polls. It also suddenly has ads.
Is your iPhone app special or something? :p Have you updated yours? What version are you running? Current version is 1.5.2 (click the "More" button and then "Settings" and Version is at the bottom of the page). I'm quite certain I've been able to view polls before this version as well, although I don't know which version they were introduced.

April

Polls like this one are always kind of skewed, because so much has changed in the last couple years. I had to turn DS2 FF at 16 months because he maxed out the RF weight limit for his seat (RN65 - 30lb rf limit) and my only other option was a 33lb RF limit MA for $350 at the time. Then the TF came out when he was 22 months and 32lbs, and he RF'd in that until he hit 35lbs four months later. The MR came out with the 40lb limit when he was 39.5lbs at just 3, and the 45lb limit XTSL came out when he was 4.5 and 44lbs. :( if I had other options, I wouldve RF'd him to 45lbs but there weren't any options.

DD3 is 19.7lbs at 16 months. She'll likely RF until kindergarten.
Posted via Mobile Device

MommyofThree

I turned my son FF when he was 5 years 3 months old when he reached the 1 in to the top of the car seat. He rode in a radian XTSL. He was about 42 inches tall and 41 lbs. Now my daughter will be in that car seat for just as long or longer.

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
My 3.5 year old is still RF. I switched from a TF to a SKR XTSL when he turned 2 so I could keep him RF longer. I don't think I'll be comfortable with FF until he's 6 or so.

Keeks64

I can see the poll option on my iPhone :D thanks :)

As for the question my DS was turned at 1 before I knew better...flipped back at 2 years & just turned 3 still RF....I'm hoping for 4 at least I'm just not comfortable before then

rachelandtyke

I turned dd ffing at 4y4m when she hit the rfing weight limit for our seats fully clothed. If she had not hit the weight limit, I would have kept her rfing. Contemplated turning her back the next spring/summer when she was back below the limit with lighter clothes, but went ahead and kept her ffing since she was approaching 5.

DS is still rfing and I expect to keep him rfing until 35 lbs as well (I don't think we have any 40 lb rfing seats), but I think he'll make it to 5 or later since he's even smaller than DD was . . .

mumof2

I am going to RF my children till they outgrow the seat in either weight or height. I figured if I am going to spend $800 ($660 US) on carseat I want to make sure I can get as much use out of them as I can.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC