Target "Little Kids" ad

elle7715

I had a baby registry at Target for my daughter (she's 2.5 yrs) and we're still on their mailing list. They sent a mini catalogue out that included sippy cup, training pants, and booster info. BOOSTER info. My daughter is 2.5. On the first page they show a young 2 year old in a bpb. Then they have 2 pages of what they call 'harness boosters' and 'belt-positioning boosters' and a picture of the same little girl. "Most models accomodate children from 30-100 pounds." They also incorrectly labeled a Safeseat 2 as an Eddie Bauer Summit Astoria. This just irks me. I'm glad they showed harness boosters like the CarGo and Chase, but the fact that they're actively marketing bpb to parents of 2 years olds...

ADS

Ali

If you have time, I'd seriously consider writing a letter to their corporate office. We haven't received that mailer yet, but if we do I'll write one. That is poor advertising and could be putting children at risk. Maybe if stores, companies, etc start hearing from us they'll look into their practices.

flipper68

Senior Community Member
I want to, but I have no idea how to go about it. :confused:

Start at the "contact us" page of their website. Often you can find the CEO, sales director, board of directors, or others with a bit of digging.

Write how you are disappointed in their marketing. . .include info about best practices (many/most 2 yr olds should still be RF) and definitely in a harnessed seat until 4/40 lbs. I'd also include your state CR laws if they are "good" - encourage hwh and have penalities. Cite the "big" names: AAP and NHSTA when discussing the best practices. I get frustrated at ads for "harnessed booster," as it adds to the misinformation about the actual limits of the seat.

I'd like to see a 80+ lb. child in any of the Cosco, Graco, Evenflo seats, 'cause I don't think it would happen. If they weren't too wide, they'd be too tall.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC