Help ID this seat please

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
This is in Canada if it matters. I think this boy is about 13-14 months old. I want to have my facts straight before I try to help them fix this! So, what seat are we talking about here, and when did it likely expire? Thank you!

Last edited:
ADS

mominabigtruck

Looks like an ohs cosco touriva. they were still making them up until a couple years ago so it's not necessarily expired although that does look like an older style cover.
Posted via Mobile Device

christineka

I have an ohs touriva in my carport. It has a blue cover like that and it expires this December. It's really hard to tell what it is, though.

henrietta

I think it's likely to be the Touriva, but it also could be a Century Smart Move (IF they ever came w/an overhead shield & which would have expired, at the most, several years ago).

henrietta

lourdes

I had the cosco one for my nephew and it was more narrow and I didn't have the adjustable bar like that one, I think is century, it looks to old to from a couple of years ago, I think it looks old enough to be expired

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
I think it's likely to be the Touriva, but it also could be a Century Smart Move (IF they ever came w/an overhead shield & which would have expired, at the most, several years ago).

henrietta

I have seen a Smart Move with an overhead shield in person (just last month, actually), so such a beast did exist. So totally expired though, as you said.

Keeanh

kifmBBEquipCar_SeatsToddler_Car_SeatsSmartMove_with_Adjustable_Overhead_Shield-resized200.gif

Smart Move with OHS

What about the Ultara?

wilaby27

My sister had a seat like that for my nephew in 2004.
I believe it was an Evenflo. Let me see if I can find pictures somewhere

mominabigtruck

I thought the seat itself was shaped like a century but the bar and the red button on the front are what is throwing me off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks for the ideas everyone! No other pictures. I wanted to be sure before I said anything though. I'm thinking the take-away message is no matter what it is, it almost for sure expired or extremely close to it.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
That's not a Century. Century's seats had red buttons on the upper part of the shield, not on the underside like that. If I recall correctly, Evenflo ALSO had buttons on the upper part of the shield, so I don't think it is an Evenflo either.

I only remember Cosco having the button on the underside like that. Well, Graco had it too, but theirs were light blue in color (the button, I mean).

ETA: This is what makes me lean towards a Cosco of some type (not this one, but a Cosco of some type): http://www.google.com/imgres?q=cars...dsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:121&biw=1280&bih=619 Another Cosco with that same red button: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=cars...dsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:224&biw=1280&bih=619

Keeanh

That's not a Century. Century's seats had red buttons on the upper part of the shield, not on the underside like that. If I recall correctly, Evenflo ALSO had buttons on the upper part of the shield, so I don't think it is an Evenflo either.

I only remember Cosco having the button on the underside like that. Well, Graco had it too, but theirs were light blue in color (the button, I mean).

ETA: This is what makes me lean towards a Cosco of some type (not this one, but a Cosco of some type): http://www.google.com/imgres?q=cars...dsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:121&biw=1280&bih=619 Another Cosco with that same red button: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=cars...dsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:224&biw=1280&bih=619

Yeah, I've been wracking my brain trying to remember what I had that had that button on the bottom of the shield. That's why I said Ultara, but that's not right. I just cannot come up with the name, but I'm sure you're right about it being Cosco.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC