Clek Oobr or Recaro ProBooster? Tech advice needed please!

doriansmummy

I am trying to figure out which HBB I want to get for DS (around 65lbs and 4'4, torso 17.5). I have narrowed down to the Probooster or Oobr. The reason I can not make up my mind is I am wondering how safe the Oobr is without using LATCH as we do not have that in either car. I read it is quite heavy and without having LATCH, I am worried about that weight behind my kiddo if we were in an accident. I like the Oobr as I can use it without the back when he outgrows it, but the ProBooster I cant.

So tell me what you all know about using the Oobr without LATCH and which you all would think would fit my kiddo best. Thanks!

ADS

autumnlily

If you were close enough to me - you could try the Oobr out in real life!

My DD loved the ProBooster for the one ride she tried it in. She also loves the Oobr. I don't know much about the dangers of LATCHed vs not latched... but the Oobr is heavy and I definitely love the latchable feature.

Another seat I really liked was the Chicco Strada... it has amazing leg length support (too much so that my DD couldn't bend her knees over it).

firemomof3

The Oobr is very heavy and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable using it without the latch but that is just my :twocents:
Have you thought about the Monterey? It fits bigger kids really well and turns into a backless booster that can be latched :D

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Is the Oobr really significantly heavier than the Monterey? I haven't played with the Monterey in a while but seem to remember it being heavy-ish, too. Maybe I'm wrong.

The Oobr goes backless, too. ;)

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've never played with the Oobr but I love the ProBooster. Every child that I tried in it had a wonderful fit.

Kat_Momof3

he sounds leggy... the oobr is quite pricey (but worth it if you can make use of all the features and it fits the kid well) and weighs quite a bit to not be able to use the rigid latch.

I love love LOVE the probooster... it works so well for slim/average kids (Jeffrey would have been popping out before he outgrew it... as it was, he couldn't fit between the wings (I knew he was too tall for it... but seriously... he couldn't sit back at all)... he's got linebacker shoulders.

it's also deeper than the vivo (but not too much... Ruthie's legs bend right at the edge... she's got shorter legs)

I think being leggier, I'd want some leg support... not knowing how broad he's built, but seeing his measurements and weight and seeing he's on the slim side, I'd say the probooster should be a good option for you guys.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I would not feel very comfortable using such a heavy booster without LATCH. If he has good belt fit in the ProBooster, I'd go with that.

brooklynsmommy

Erin, Judi has my Chicco Strada that was buckled in my van when I got in an accident. You could try it for size. It really was a deep seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC