Question how long did it take your child

ADS

NVMBR02

Well it took DD1 over two years to get from 38 pounds to 42-43 pounds. I am going to guess she will hit 45 pounds in the next 10-12 months.

My kids tend to be very slow gainers though. My niece went from 39 pounds to 45 pounds in 6-8 months. She tends to have large growth spurts then stick at the same height/weight for awhile after that.

lanwenyi

Hey, I'm just glad that DD finally got to 30! It took her a year to get from 27.5 to 30.5 (age 3 to age 4). I suspect it will take her a LONG time to get to 40 and even longer to go from 40-45.

alake

Summer is just over 45 pounds. I believe she is 46 pounds. She was 35 until four and now is 46 at 5 years 9 months. Leah will probably be under 45 pounds until 7 at this rate. She is 33 pounds, and just turned four at the end of August. She was 25 pounds until 3 and a half.

bnsnyde

I think he was 40 at 4 and is now 45/46 at 5.
I would never buy a RF 35 seat for my boys, now.
My 2-year-old just turned 2 and is 30 lbs., and I ERF now.
So, not knowing how he's going to grow, I want the option of higher weights.

I am curious to see if we'll even need past 40 lbs. (since our Radians do go to 45 lbs. now that I upgraded the XTSL).
My kids are tall so I think height will be the issue.

My girl is more average.

molly&elle

Probably awhile, by then most kids start slowing down in growth and weight gain. My 6yo has been at 45 pds for a year now (well now officially 45.6pds)

VoodooChile

Dd hit 40 lbs about a month or so after she turned 5, and hasn't hit 45 lbs yet (she turns 6 next month). I think she's 43ish lbs. I actually have to buy a scale today, more for ds...

Baylor

My son hit 40 and then went up and down under and a little over and then under for a long time.
This morning he was 48 lbs. He is 3.5yrs old. I think it took him over a year to get from 42 lbs to here.

RYLANSMOM

Hey, I'm just glad that DD finally got to 30! It took her a year to get from 27.5 to 30.5 (age 3 to age 4). I suspect it will take her a LONG time to get to 40 and even longer to go from 40-45.

My son is 4 and weighs a whoppin' 28 lbs. Sometimes 29 depending on dinner :) lol Everytime he gets to 29 lbs he grows taller and then loses a bit of weight. I have NO idea when he will reach 30 much less 40 lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC