Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

What would you sell this for?

I'm thinking of selling my beloved RA and getting another MA. I really, really, really love my RA and it's Aloha cover, but I'm thinking Tea is getting close the reaching the top of the shell. Maybe another inch or so? How long will it take her to get to that point?

My original plan was to pass down Kaylie's MA to Tea and get Kaylie the Regent (sort of considering the Radian, but leaning towards the Regent). But even though Kaylie is using the top slots of the MA, she's got a good 2 to 2 1/2 inches before she's even with them. I expect that this will last her a while. How long do you think I have?

Kaylie will not give up the MA easily. She loves her cow seat . So I am thinking that it might make sense to sell the RA and use that money towards a MA. The seat has a DOM of October 2005 and is in perfect condition. What would you try and sell it for?

Amy

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Re: What would you sell this for?

I would say $130-$150 would be reasonable.

CPS Advocate

have you showed her the madison? lol!
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by LuvBug03 View Post
    have you showed her the madison? lol!
    Yes, she said "ewww" and wrinkled her nose at it. And I want it sooooo badly! But we have an agreement - I choose the seat, she chooses the covers.

My back up plan was to get a plain cover and let her choose patches for it, but she veto'd that as well. It HAS to be a cow cover. Do you think Britax would listen to a 4 year old? She'd gladly get on the phone with them

Amy

CPS Advocate

what about putting cow patches on a plain seat? lol!
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

Carseat Crazy

I know by onyx and then add white patches to look like a cow cover.....How many patches is too many???? Where do we draw the line???

Jenn

Senior Community Member supercrunch's Avatar

I posted my 2004 Roundabout on Craigslist for $100...it was kind of wishful thinking, lol, and I was prepared to have to reduce the price...but I was hoping to recoup as much as I could for the Radian we had to buy.

I had an email within 10 minutes and she picked it up the next day. She paid full asking price without even batting an eyelash.

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jennsmile View Post
    I know by onyx and then add white patches to look like a cow cover.....How many patches is too many???? Where do we draw the line???
    I wouldn't be able to handle a lot of patches. Who has the blue one with the flower patches? I LOVE that! I'm sorry I can't remember who did it , but I would do something like that. But then, if she chose the patches, I know she's pick ladybugs and elephants since those are her two most favorite things. Cow patches wouldn't appease her. She's just obsessed with that particular cover. I have no idea why, but I will admit that it grew on me.

Amy

CPS Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by amy919 View Post
    I wouldn't be able to handle a lot of patches. Who has the blue one with the flower patches? I LOVE that! I'm sorry I can't remember who did it , but I would do something like that. But then, if she chose the patches, I know she's pick ladybugs and elephants since those are her two most favorite things. Cow patches wouldn't appease her. She's just obsessed with that particular cover. I have no idea why, but I will admit that it grew on me.

Amy
    that would be jools... it was a marina husky embroidered.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrunch View Post
    I posted my 2004 Roundabout on Craigslist for $100...it was kind of wishful thinking, lol, and I was prepared to have to reduce the price...but I was hoping to recoup as much as I could for the Radian we had to buy.

I had an email within 10 minutes and she picked it up the next day. She paid full asking price without even batting an eyelash.
    I think you could list it at $130-150...that Aloha cover is going to sell itself!

I listed a new one (OLD DOM, though) on Craigslist for $150 and had 2 emails within a day. And that was a boring old tan microdot! I didn't end up selling it because I returned it for a newer one that WASN'T cracked and WASN'T a floor model!

Just a note: I would never had sold (or bought!) a floor model knowingly! Also, even though it was a cosmetic crack, once I noticed it, I wouldn't have sold it either!
    Abbysnail ~ 11 ~ Maui FR85 (booster mode) and Leopard Olli
    Chica ~ 9.5 ~ Pink Monterey and Julius Olli
    Loveybug ~ 3.5 ~ rfing in a Cranberry TFP and ffing in a FR85

Senior Community Member Melizerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LuvBug03 View Post
    that would be jools... it was a marina husky embroidered.
    I saw that, it was embroidered? WOW! That's amazing. Jools, you rock! I thought it was beautiful!
    Mel,RN
    Married 13 years to a wonderful DH and mom to an amazing 8 year old boy.

Living the dream...Blogging about love, life and family

I just sold my RA on Craigslist yesterday for $100 and I think I gave it away. LOL I got an email within 10 minutes of listing it and the lady met me the next morning at a Circuit City where I had taken my car in to get a new DVD player installed. She was practically giddy about the wonderful seat and the great price. The seat really was in amazing condition. I am kind of anal about things like that, but in the end I was glad to pass along a great deal to someone who needed a great quality seat.

The DOM on the RA was 9/27/2005 and my baby wasn't anywhere near outgrowing it, but I *had* to have a new Cowmoo cover and that only came on the MA so I bought a new MA for her and sold the RA. Now if I could just get Britax to make the Cowmoo for the Regent I would be in car seat heaven!!!