What would you sell this for?

amy919

I'm thinking of selling my beloved RA and getting another MA. I really, really, really love my RA and it's Aloha cover, but I'm thinking Tea is getting close the reaching the top of the shell. Maybe another inch or so? How long will it take her to get to that point?

My original plan was to pass down Kaylie's MA to Tea and get Kaylie the Regent (sort of considering the Radian, but leaning towards the Regent). But even though Kaylie is using the top slots of the MA, she's got a good 2 to 2 1/2 inches before she's even with them. I expect that this will last her a while. How long do you think I have?

Kaylie will not give up the MA easily. She loves her cow seat :love: . So I am thinking that it might make sense to sell the RA and use that money towards a MA. The seat has a DOM of October 2005 and is in perfect condition. What would you try and sell it for?

Amy

ADS

amy919

have you showed her the madison? lol!

Yes, she said "ewww" and wrinkled her nose at it. And I want it sooooo badly! But we have an agreement - I choose the seat, she chooses the covers.

My back up plan was to get a plain cover and let her choose patches for it, but she veto'd that as well. It HAS to be a cow cover. Do you think Britax would listen to a 4 year old? She'd gladly get on the phone with them:)

Amy

jennsmile

I know by onyx and then add white patches to look like a cow cover.....How many patches is too many???? Where do we draw the line???

Jenn

supercrunch

I posted my 2004 Roundabout on Craigslist for $100...it was kind of wishful thinking, lol, and I was prepared to have to reduce the price...but I was hoping to recoup as much as I could for the Radian we had to buy.

I had an email within 10 minutes and she picked it up the next day. She paid full asking price without even batting an eyelash.

amy919

I know by onyx and then add white patches to look like a cow cover.....How many patches is too many???? Where do we draw the line???

I wouldn't be able to handle a lot of patches. Who has the blue one with the flower patches? I LOVE that! I'm sorry I can't remember who did it :eek: , but I would do something like that. But then, if she chose the patches, I know she's pick ladybugs and elephants since those are her two most favorite things. Cow patches wouldn't appease her. She's just obsessed with that particular cover. I have no idea why, but I will admit that it grew on me.

Amy

LuvBug

I wouldn't be able to handle a lot of patches. Who has the blue one with the flower patches? I LOVE that! I'm sorry I can't remember who did it :eek: , but I would do something like that. But then, if she chose the patches, I know she's pick ladybugs and elephants since those are her two most favorite things. Cow patches wouldn't appease her. She's just obsessed with that particular cover. I have no idea why, but I will admit that it grew on me.

Amy

that would be jools... it was a marina husky embroidered.

hsjwmom

I posted my 2004 Roundabout on Craigslist for $100...it was kind of wishful thinking, lol, and I was prepared to have to reduce the price...but I was hoping to recoup as much as I could for the Radian we had to buy.

I had an email within 10 minutes and she picked it up the next day. She paid full asking price without even batting an eyelash.

I think you could list it at $130-150...that Aloha cover is going to sell itself!

I listed a new one (OLD DOM, though) on Craigslist for $150 and had 2 emails within a day. And that was a boring old tan microdot! I didn't end up selling it because I returned it for a newer one that WASN'T cracked and WASN'T a floor model! :eek:

Just a note: I would never had sold (or bought!) a floor model knowingly! Also, even though it was a cosmetic crack, once I noticed it, I wouldn't have sold it either!

3Cutiepies

I just sold my RA on Craigslist yesterday for $100 and I think I gave it away. LOL I got an email within 10 minutes of listing it and the lady met me the next morning at a Circuit City where I had taken my car in to get a new DVD player installed. She was practically giddy about the wonderful seat and the great price. The seat really was in amazing condition. I am kind of anal about things like that, but in the end I was glad to pass along a great deal to someone who needed a great quality seat.

The DOM on the RA was 9/27/2005 and my baby wasn't anywhere near outgrowing it, but I *had* to have a new Cowmoo cover and that only came on the MA so I bought a new MA for her and sold the RA. Now if I could just get Britax to make the Cowmoo for the Regent I would be in car seat heaven!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC