Fix for the Monterey's spreading wings

britfish

What exactly am I waiting for SK, er, Diono, to send me to help correct the issue I keep having with the wings on my Monterey widening? Just wondering what's coming in the mail to fix this.

ADS

ntrenary

Probably a new back that may or may not do the same thing. That's what I got a few months ago when I called about my Monterey. The new back they sent me does it too so I just live with it. I tried duct taping it, but that only worked for about a week.
If they send you some thing else, let us know.

britfish

I never really thought to ask what the "fix" was but they did ask the color of my seat so it will probably be the back. I hope it fixes it, I love this booster with the exception of that issue.

ginny4

they asked for the color of your seat because they will send a matching roll of the duct tape!!! LOL i couldn't resist

Notaclue

They told me they were sending a new back, but they sent me a whole new seat instead. (which had a year newer DOM!) BUT the new seat does the SAME THING. :rolleyes:

britfish

That's what I thinking, LOL.
I got rid of this seat too and I can't say I was really sad to see it go. It was perfect for DD1 but many seats I disliked were :eek:

I really like the seat (booster), I just hate having to dial in the wings. I like that it latches, feels nice and sturdy, and most importantly DD stays in the proper position with no head slump if she falls asleep!

mamom

I am waiting too. I have had a new back and a new seat....still doing it. Now there is a new "fix" that is coming hmmmmmmm.

britfish

That was quick! Today I got a new seat from SK with an 11/10 expiration. I suppose they are cleaning out the SK stock, however I am hopeful this seat won't do the same thing. Do all the Montereys do this?

ginny4

not all of them are horrible. ours really doesn't have much of a problem, its an occasional push them in & nothing that really bothers me

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC