My DH is going to shot me....

arly1983

I have had it up to *HERE*

I know what he thinks and as time goes by J is just getting worse and worse in the car, not better. Doesn't matter what he is in or where he is sitting. I am DONE. He is autistic. He is mentally younger than our 2.5 yr old. SERIOUSLY!

I just ordered a roosevelt.

ADS

ahgirls

Hugs

I am having one of those day with my asperger kid. Some days everything is fine and other days it seems like it's nothing but meltdowns. I wanted to have good cry today after taking her to school.

Today's meltdown was over shoes. She wore 1 pink and 1 white flip flops to school. Her coordination isn't the greatest, so she isn't allowed to wear them to school besides being school rules.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well but I'm glad you decided to order the Roosevelt. I was very impressed with it when I took the special needs class last spring, and I had a feeling you might end up with one. It's a great seat and I think it will suit your needs for a long time. :)

valleyfam

It's not just about J's safety. It's about your safety, and the safety of your other children. I'm sure you are currently a distracted driver (heck I am and I have 3 "normal" kids) and that is dangerous. I think you did the right thing. I'm sorry you are having such a tough time but at least you are dealing with and not trying to sit back and stay in denial. Hugs to you! You are a great mom doing what you need to do for your children.

AtTheSouthDam

Ah. You do what you have to. I was watching mine hit the edge; squeal, kick, squirm and then put her toes in her mouth. And this was just because her sister was sitting next to her and they weren't temper-tantrum squeals it was sure uncontrollable excitement from something so simple. It made it hard to drive and she's still in a harness. I doubt she'll be moving to a booster anytime soon :(

Then the dread hit that I am flying again next spring with her and we gave away her radian. Doh!

lovemybabies924

i tried to get one for my autistic 8 year old but his insurance dosnt care...but we are doing the best in a backless right now...i hope you find what works for you!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC