MR with a sit and stand?

turtlemama

I saw a lady with her baby in a MR facing forward sitting on the "stand" part of a baby trend sit n stand. Her DD was in the seat part. She looked maybe 2 years old. The baby looked about 5 months. I was thinking "well that's different.."
Is it safe? The MR didn't appear to be strapped in, just sitting there.

ADS

scariestone

A few months ago I saw a MR sitting in a stroller like you'd have an infant seat with a toddler in it. People sure do come up with interesting ways to use car seats.

Dmcj13

At the airport I saw a My ride bungee corded to a stroller, with a baby in it, but the carseat was not taken on the plane, it was gate checked with the stroller :confused:

Kobain's Mommy

I'll admit there are times that I've been tempted to take my CCO out of the car and put in the stroller while shopping if I get to a store and DS is sleeping by the time we get to the store.

T4K

Everyone here must have perfect sleepers. :)
Not me! I'm the woman at Costco with a RA50 in the cart.

TyAndCheyMommy

I have used convertible car seats in odd ways quite a bit... but it was mainly between the times my DD was not able to hold herself well enough in a stroller and did not yet have her special needs stroller.
The only seat I don't recommend it at all is- the Radian- doesn't work well at all with sitting in any kind of stroller or cart LOL.

cupcakepirate11

I may have taken Wyatt out of the car while still strapped into his marathon to be put in another car. Heck to the no if i am going to wake that kid up if i don't have to. I installed his seat with latch and made sure it was properly installed of course!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I put a RA and and MA facing each other on a Baby Trend double to go car shopping when my two youngest were bitty.

amelia222

The fact that it wasn't strapped into the stroller kind of scares me. But I have discovered that a Combi flare and a scenera make a perfect toddler travel system. I attach the UAS hooks together behind the stroller's back and it's rock solid.

krissybear25

amelia222 said:
The fact that it wasn't strapped into the stroller kind of scares me. But I have discovered that a Combi flare and a scenera make a perfect toddler travel system. I attach the UAS hooks together behind the stroller's back and it's rock solid.

I've done this with a scenera on a umbrella stroller, and on a safety first stroller. I was surprised at how sturdy it got on there

turtlemama

I saw another weird thing at pick up at DDs school. Graco CarGo center installed with the shoulder belt going through the booster guides on both sides above the kid's head. :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC