3 across in an '04 Sonata?

U

Unregistered

A friendly poster on the Babycenter Car Safety voard directed me here. I'm looking to do a 3 across in my '04 Sonata. I've got a 2 yo (36 lbs, FF) who is 12" tush to torso, and a 9 mo boy (19 lbs, RF) who is 10 1/4" tush to torso. The hip room in the car is 41", and there's about 17 inches from where the base of one seat touches the base of the other. However, there's only about 13" between the seatbelts. Currently they're in a Scenera and Titan 5, and I'm due in Febraury w/ number 3.

I'd like to do a 3 across rather than buy a new car. Budget is not an issue, given that no three seats would cost as much as a car payment! Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much,
heather

ADS

scatterbunny

I'd try a Radian for your 2yo, either a Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe or Radian for the 9mo and use the Scenera for baby (or start with an infant seat like the Chicco Key Fit or Graco SafeSeat 1).

ThreeBeans

I'd do a radian each for the 9 month old and 2 year old, and a SafeSeat One for the infant. (That's the exact combination I have now in my 03 Santa Fe, so I'm sure it will work. Hyundais are evil cars for the three across scenario, unfortunately ;) )

doriansmummy

I fit 2 Radian and a Evenflo "big kid" booster today in my tiny Ford Focus hatchback.:thumbsup:
Not saying you should use a booster!!! Just happy I was able to fit 3 seats across.

Threebean sounds like she had a good fit together for proper seats for your kiddos.

H

hgoff79

Thanks so much for the advice. I'm going to try the two Radians, and I didn't know that the new Graco went up to 30 lbs RF!

Have a good one ladies,
heather:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC