Problem with MA cover --choking hazzard

BrookeSLP

My Funky Denim cover is coming apart at on the release flap cover.
I have always used this cover FF, but am now using for my 8 month old RF and she pick at it and of course puts the pieces in her mouth. My other covers look fine (I have a New Blues, Dragonfly and Ashley Floral) has anyone had this happen. I think I'll call Britax to let them know.

Last edited:
ADS

teekadog

I don't know what Britax will do, but I thought I woud share what I did when my 2yo took to playing with the flap.

WAIT, HOLD ON, THIS WAS BEFORE I FOUND THIS BOARD SO I'M NOT SURE WHAT I DID WAS SAFE. COULD A TECH PLEASE CHIME IN IF IT WASN'T???

I pulled a stroller-sized fleece blanket through the rear-facing belt path route. I could push it out of the way to reach the adjuster, but dd couldn't easily reach the flap under the bunched up fleece. Of course, she wasn't VERY determined, just bored.

supercrunch

I have a denim cover that is disintegrating underneath too.

It's not really a choking hazard as my ds is 3...but I always wondered why they have all that exposed foam on the underside of that cover, but not on the others.

BrookeSLP

I have a denim cover that is disintegrating underneath too.

It's not really a choking hazard as my ds is 3...but I always wondered why they have all that exposed foam on the underside of that cover, but not on the others.

I am glad to know I am not the only one with that type of cover!

supercrunch

it's just plain weird!

Maybe I'll mention it when I call them next time. I am still waiting on the recall kit I ordered 3 weeks ago. I have finally accepted that it's just not coming.

Does the new denim cover they sent you have the foam on the back too?

teekadog

I bought a funky denim and a new blues MA at the same time a couple years ago, their manufacture dates are less than 2 months apart. The funky denim has polyester backing, while the new blues has that weird foam backing. Luckily no one's tried to take it apart yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC