Have any of you EVER seen a Pathway B570 in an actual store?

Holly

I am really wanting to try this in my car, I have hope of it fitting in a 3 across with 2 radians and being easier to buckle than the turbo because the arm rests flip up. The only other boosters I can see working for the same reason are the Evenflo Big Kid or the Boost Air and I would REALLY prefer the B570 over those!

I need a booster that works for us by February, our FPSVD that is in the truck expires then, so I want to put Hannah in a booster and put her radian in the truck for all 3 kids to use (one at a time, of course).
I want to try the B570 sooner rather than later so if it doesn't work, I have more time to figure out what I want to do.

If I could find one to try in person before ordering one that I'd have to send back if it doesn't work, that would be great! I haven't seen it so far, so I'm not too hopeful that I can see it in person before ordering.

No one has tried one in a Camry with two radians by chance?

ADS

tjham

I haven't seen ANY of the Compass seats in a real store. I just ordered a
B540 from Amazon through C-S.org. It has the flip up armrests, too. But I wish I could have seen one in person so I know how you feel.

Holly

I hate the covers on the B570's, they really need to make some cute ones like their other boosters have.
I really love the looks of some of the B540's, they are cheaper too.
I think maybe I'll order one from walmart.com with site to store shipping and then I can see if it fits in my car (they are the same width as the B570, right?) and then if the lapbelt doesn't fit her right (which I've heard sometimes it doesn't) then I'll have a better idea about the B570 and I can order it then, if I think it will fit better than the B540. If it does fit, it's cheaper and cuter too. If I did have to return it, I could just take it back to the store instead of shipping it back.

RYLANSMOM

I am really wanting to try this in my car, I have hope of it fitting in a 3 across with 2 radians and being easier to buckle than the turbo because the arm rests flip up. The only other boosters I can see working for the same reason are the Evenflo Big Kid or the Boost Air and I would REALLY prefer the B570 over those!

I need a booster that works for us by February, our FPSVD that is in the truck expires then, so I want to put Hannah in a booster and put her radian in the truck for all 3 kids to use (one at a time, of course).
I want to try the B570 sooner rather than later so if it doesn't work, I have more time to figure out what I want to do.

If I could find one to try in person before ordering one that I'd have to send back if it doesn't work, that would be great! I haven't seen it so far, so I'm not too hopeful that I can see it in person before ordering.

No one has tried one in a Camry with two radians by chance?

We have the B570 for my fiance's son. He usually rides in my fiance's car but over the weekend we used my 2012 honda civic. My sons GN was in center so I tried to get the B570 next to it (it worked in the ford escape we had) but it just wasn't fitting next to it. It was just an akward fit and even if the GN was installed outboard it probably would have been a little bit of a fight :) not to say it doesn't work I am sure that it could but it was dark out and we were ready to go so we just used his backless booster.I love the seat though, and it works well for use since we don't have him all the time it is easy to fold and keep in the trunk. Plus it is easier with 3 across (in which I have done in the ford escape with it, the GN and an evenflo big kid...it was a little tight...but I was able to get it :) It is easier to pull to the door and push back in. I'm not sure if we I have ever seen it anywhere in the store though.

SignCuer

Yes I have seen them in my Buy Buy Baby, Babies1st, and Giggles stores here... I really like the booster but I can't justify buying it since I have tons of seats and only 3 kids so far out of 11 kids I sit are using a booster. Otherwise, rest are harnessed or rearfacing. (I'm pretty strict about car seat usage in the van)

Holly

faithfulorangekids said:
Yes I have seen them in my Buy Buy Baby, Babies1st, and Giggles stores here... I really like the booster but I can't justify buying it since I have tons of seats and only 3 kids so far out of 11 kids I sit are using a booster. Otherwise, rest are harnessed or rearfacing. (I'm pretty strict about car seat usage in the van)

Darn, we don't have those stores here.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Have you tried USA Baby? Call them & see if they carry them. I haven't been there in forever so I don't know but at least there's on in Utah.

gigi

carseatcoach said:
It is quite a wide seat.

How much wider do you think is it than a Turbo? And can it be used with arms up to help it puzzle better?

I much prefer this seat on paper to most boosters but am wary of the width.

SignCuer

If u want, I can stop by at Buy Buy Baby today (or Babies 1st on Fri) and get the measurements and pics. I have plenty of time since I don't have class until 5pm.

momtoo3

I think it is about 2 inches wider than the Turbo but easier to buckle because of the flip up arm rests. The armrests do have to be down when driving.
Have you tried a PWSG? It is the best for 3 across in my van and dh's car (2010 Malibu.)

gigi

momtoo3 said:
I think it is about 2 inches wider than the Turbo but easier to buckle because of the flip up arm rests. The armrests do have to be down when driving.
Have you tried a PWSG? It is the best for 3 across in my van and dh's car (2010 Malibu.)

Thank you so much! If only the b570 had pretty fabrics I'd be all over it. One would think they'd want to upsell with the nice fabrics not downsell LOL. I'm trying to talk myself out of features I want (latch and the belt guides) just to get a nicer cover for less money LOL.

Holly

momtoo3 said:

I haven't, but I tried a regular parkway (without arm rests) and it was difficult to buckle because the side of the seat (that kind of hugs a kid's side) got in the way of buckling. I think a parkway sg or sgl would be even worse.

Holly

gigi said:
Thank you so much! If only the b570 had pretty fabrics I'd be all over it. One would think they'd want to upsell with the nice fabrics not downsell LOL. I'm trying to talk myself out of features I want (latch and the belt guides) just to get a nicer cover for less money LOL.

I hate the covers too! If I end up getting one, I'm going to put some girly patches on it.

Holly

Kat_Momof3 said:
what about the harmony dreamtime? I thought I remembered it fitting, and it's the narrowest hbb out there.

It fit when I tried it next to our britax roundabout 50 but it was hard to buckle because of the arm rest and we don't have the RA50 anymore, and the booster didn't have foam in the head rest either, I'd prefer that.

Holly

Is the b570 the same size and shape of the b540? If so, maybe I could put one of the pretty covers on it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC