Vent Misuse "safety" video

ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I posted questions about this in the tech forum ... I got no replies... :eek:

I didn't realize it was a "junk" email... I assumed it was because I am a tech... :thumbsdown:

Angela

This is actually a company that has published videos for a long time and many instructors and techs use them. I've thought about it in the past, but because of the price, I didn't look into it much. Unfortunately, I can't preview the videos because it's a windows file that I can't view on my mac. What misuses did you see?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
These videos were highly recommended in my tech class for use with groups, etc.

What are the errors? (I'm still waiting for it to load. I may give up.)

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
These videos were highly recommended in my tech class for use with groups, etc.

What are the errors? (I'm still waiting for it to load. I may give up.)

I only counted two in the intro video, and one of those was eh on a scale of eh to OMG!

tjham

What were the misuses you noticed?

Compared to some things I have seen, it's not too bad, really! The kid with no booster has a bad fit, there are actually four types of seats, not three, etc.

BUT it advocates rear facing to 2 years old (YAY!), reading the carseat and car manual, staying harnessed longer, boostering longer, no aftermarket products, etc. And it has fairly new seats, like the Nautilus.

I think a parent who does not have the background we have in car seat safety would still get a good general overview from this video and be better off than if they had not seen it.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Oh, I'm watching the rf video and they are t a l k i n g s o s l o w l y it's making me feel talked down to. Otherwise I think it's a good video.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
One of the shots in the RF video the harness may have been *at* but looked to be above the shoulder...

I agree to the BOOOOOOOOORING speed of it, but the info was pretty awesome in my opinion, WAY better than people could find on youtube!

turtlemama

Apparently convertible seats don't exist? It seems to me, if I was a new parent , I'd think only infant seats RF and would cram my 2 year old into that. I saw that today while dropping off DS, actually.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC