Please help with email for work about Graco infant seats.

zactayaus

I was having a debate at work today with two of my fellow techs about how Graco does not allow the handle to be even with the top of the seat shell on a couple of models and they were both telling me I was wrong (well I know I'm right;)). So any way I told them I would do some research tonight to put the debate to rest one way or the other. I also decide to add some info on how to identify which seat is which as we were discussing all the different models and everyone was quite confused.

If you guys could critique what I have written so far and let me know if there's anything I need to add or correct me on anything that may not be right I would greatly appreciate it.

Here's the email I have so far:

I have been doing a ton of research tonight on the Graco infant seats because of the handle placement issue. I have visited the Graco website and printed out all the manuals so I could do comparisons and I have attached a copy of each seats handle placement page from their respective manual.

Graco currently has 5 infant seats out:
(For simplicity sake for the rest of this email I have abreviations after each seat name so I don't have to type the whole seat name out.)

SnugRide (SR) 5-22lbs
SnugRide 30 (SR30) 4-30lbs
Safe Seat 1 (SS1) 5-30lbs
SnugRide 32 (SR32) 5-32lbs
SnugRide 35 (SR35) 5-35lbs

Graco forbids the use of the handle being level with the top of the seat shell when the seat is in a vehicle for the following seats (please see attachments for allowable handle placement):
SnugRide
SnugRide 35

The easiest way to identify which seat is which is by looking at the weight limits that are printed on the sticker on the side of each of the seats.

Here are a few other helpful tips to help identify which one is which:

SR - almost all are rear adjust (keep in mind that there are a couple with front adjust), 5 postion handle, base has a kind of pointed aerodynamic look to it.

SR30 - all are front adjust, has extra set of bottom slots for very tiny baby's, 5 position handle, base has a square look to it (similar to the SS1, SR32, and SR35) and does not have a lock off or the red knob that adjust the foot of the base.

SS1, SR32, and SR35 - all are front adjust, have the bigger thicker handle than the other models, have a 4 position handle, have lock offs, have red knob on base for adjusting foot.

Last edited:
ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I think it sounds great! Definitely put the manual link or whatever there. :)

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
sr30 doesn't come with lock offs although you can purchase the sr35 base which is compatible with it. Outside of that i think it is good

tam_shops

Didn't my old SR 22 also forbid a position or two? Or maybe now I'm confusing it w/ my SS1? I thought one did and one did not. These would be seats made in 2005-06.

tam

NannyMom

SS1 forbids position B... (I *think* the SS1 32 and 35 all do) do you want to include that?
:yeahthat:

Graco forbids the use of the handle being level with the top of the seat shell when the seat is in a vehicle for the following seats (please see attachments for allowable handle placement):
SnugRide
SnugRide 35
Did you mean to type SR30?

Didn't my old SR 22 also forbid a position or two? Or maybe now I'm confusing it w/ my SS1? I thought one did and one did not. These would be seats made in 2005-06.
tam
Yes. The SR22 only allows all the way up, and fully behind the seat (there might be 2 back there). I think there are 2 not allowed

zactayaus

SS1 forbids position B... (I *think* the SS1 32 and 35 all do) do you want to include that?

tam

They all actually all forbid position B but some forbid position C (top of the shell) as well. Depends on the model.

zactayaus

:yeahthat:

Did you mean to type SR30?

Nope. The SR35 does not allow. The SR30 (if I'm looking at the pics correctly in the manual) does allow it (position D which looks even with the shell). Positions B and C are forbidden.

Yes. The SR22 only allows all the way up, and fully behind the seat (there might be 2 back there). I think there are 2 not allowed

Yes there are two positions back there that are both aloud and two positions B and C that are not allowed.

mom2juliarose

As for the Snugride, I wouldn't say that "almost all" are rear adjust. When shopping for a front-adjust for DS's seat last year, there were at least 9 or 10 models with front adjust available. I guess that's just a matter of semantics, but I'd hate for someone to dismiss a front-adjust Snugride as one of the other models and not check the weight on the label just because it's front-adjust, KWIM?

zactayaus

As for the Snugride, I wouldn't say that "almost all" are rear adjust. When shopping for a front-adjust for DS's seat last year, there were at least 9 or 10 models with front adjust available. I guess that's just a matter of semantics, but I'd hate for someone to dismiss a front-adjust Snugride as one of the other models and not check the weight on the label just because it's front-adjust, KWIM?

So do you think it would sound better if I put "many of them are rear adjust" or something along those lines?

Keeanh

So do you think it would sound better if I put "many of them are rear adjust" or something along those lines?

Maybe it's because I'm in Canada, but just about every SR I see is a SR22 front adjust. Are there any 30/32/35 rear-adjusts? If not, you could maybe change it to say that only the 22 comes in both front & rear-adjust. Because yeah, I would hate to see someone misinterpret it and suddenly think (and be telling others) that if a seat is front-adjust, it's okay for heavier babies.

zactayaus

Maybe it's because I'm in Canada, but just about every SR I see is a SR22 front adjust. Are there any 30/32/35 rear-adjusts? If not, you could maybe change it to say that only the 22 comes in both front & rear-adjust. Because yeah, I would hate to see someone misinterpret it and suddenly think (and be telling others) that if a seat is front-adjust, it's okay for heavier babies.

As far as I know and please someone correct if I'm wrong, but the 30/32/35 all only come in front adjust. Only the 22's come in rear adjust.

canadiangie

I think it would be best if you added an image to each paragraph.

Snugride 22: [pic]
- allows for position A, D and E only while in vehicle.
- does not all for use of position B or C while in vehicle.
- is the only model that offers both rear adjust or front adjust.

Then provide link to page in manual.

And so on, and so forth...

zactayaus

I think it would be best if you added an image to each paragraph.

Snugride 22: [pic]
- allows for position A, D and E only while in vehicle.
- does not all for use of position B or C while in vehicle.

Then provide link to page in manual.

And so on, and so forth...

I've attached the page from each manual (all 5) that goes over handle placement. They are attachments and not in the body of the email as I don't know how to do that.:eek:

canadiangie

I've attached the page from each manual (all 5) that goes over handle placement. They are attachments and not in the body of the email as I don't know how to do that.:eek:

That's fine. :)

I would also mention that there are only two infant seats left on the market that require the handle be down. The only "rule" left about handles is that direction put forth by manufacturers must be followed at all times.

zactayaus

That's fine. :)

I would also mention that there are only two infant seats left on the market that require the handle be down. The only "rule" left about handles is that direction put forth by manufacturers must be followed at all times.

I've already told them that.;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC