Which is which?

indycoltsmom

I bought my 2 1/2 yr old 38 lb 3 8 inch daughter a Maestro in July of this year. We found out that the crotch belt is too short and it caused the crotch belt to rub on her legs causing an abrasion. Thanks to my awesome CPST friend she got me in touch with Evenflo and they checked and saw the Generations65 had a 3/4" longer crotch belt. We decided to try it and so they sent it to me for free..I went to have lunch today with a friend and I had both the Maestro and Generations65 in each of my captains chairs in my minivan and my friend I was shopping with today was amazed at how alike they were..in fact the only difference we could tell was the tension adjuster on the Generations65 and also its adjustable headrest.. I loved the Maestro but it just didnt work for my dd so hopefully this Generations will be the last harnessed seat I will have to buy.. I wanted to post the pictures but I dont know how on here...I just thought it was cool how alike they were.. So I thought I would take some pictures of them before I sent the Maestro back...

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
They are alike in that they are both basic combination harness- to booster forward facing seats, but they have some fairly specific differences. Like, the fact that the top slots on the maestro are about 2 full inches higher, which for many kids, means the maestro will fit a slim child up to 2 YEARS longer in the harness than the gen 65. The gen 65 has the higher weight limit(65 vs 50 lbs), but slots that are much shorter...so...for a child with a longer torso and light to average body type, the maestro is probably a better choice, and for a child who is short, or has a short torso, but is very heavy and needs the extra weight limit, then the gen 65 might be the better choice.
The other difference is how they fit as boosters. The gen 65 is known to not always position the lap belt correctly, which could lead to stomach injuries in some children. The maestro tends to fit better in the lap area, but because the headrest is not adjustable, taller kids can't really use it, and the booster portion is outgrown almost at the same time as the harness, so it's not a very functional booster really.

All seats have pros and cons. I'm happy you found a seat that is currently meeting your needs. Remember, the best seat is always the one that fits your child, your vehicle, your budget, and that you use correctly every single ride :) Welcome.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC