True Fit for my 21mo old?

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
I have no problems helping others decide what seat to get for their child, but when it comes to mine I need help!

I have my 21mo old rfing in a 2006 Blvd (33lbs rfing limit) behind the driver in a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee. He is 28lbs and approx 33.5". I found a Lamaze True Fit that I can get for $142! I have it on hold but can't decide if I should buy it or get another Radian (had an original 80 that I sold at the beginning of the year, loved it, just wasn't using the second car very much). I'm just not good at gauging weight gain!

What do you all think? I rfed my DS1 to 3.5yrs and plan to rf DS2 as long as possible.

ADS

Brianna

It's my personal belief that not every child needs to rear face to the max of a Radian- if I were in your shoes with a light child I'd definitely go with the True Fit.

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
You really think he's a light weight!? I was just looking at DS1's stats and he was the same height as DS2 at 18mo but weighed 24lbs 7oz and DS2 was 28lbs at his 18mo appt (he has stayed at that weight). I just can't decide if he's really going to need the 45lbs limit or not. I know it feels like they're going to reach the weight limit so fast, but it usually ends up taking a while.

Brianna

I'm used to my off the charts godson I guess, he's 2 next week and he's been at 36 pounds and 36 inches for a while.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
It all depends on your RF goals--if you want to make it to 2 RF, the True Fit would work for sure. If you are aiming for 4, I'd get a seat with a higher RF weight limit.

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
I want to make it past 2 for sure. If DS2 slows down on weight gain I'm thinking I could get to 3yrs in the TF, definitely 4yrs in the Radian. Maybe I'll get the TF now and then just change it up again around 3yrs? Hmm.... no one will argue with that, right? :D Except maybe my husband.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
That and you have no idea what seats are going to be around by the time hes 4...of course we would never talk you out of buying another seat :whistle:

Kat_Momof3

if the radian fits your car, then I'd go for it... you may not have him max the weight limit, but you'll still have a seat with tall top slots and a low profile that he can max out in torso height before moving to a booster seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC