Car suggestions for 2 rear-facing seats?

D

DukeTG

Hello all,

I'm a recent lurker-first time poster. We are expecting baby number 2 in April '12, and I am not at all convinced my 2004 Volvo S60 is capable of fitting two RF seats without putting my knees into my chin. I'm not super tall (5'9" or so), but the backseat in that car is surprisingly cramped. So I'm on the lookout for a "new to me" car to replace it with. DS is 15 months and on the small side (not quite 22 lbs) so he'll be RF for a while, currently in a Cosco Scenera. Baby will be in a Chicco KeyFit 22 when the big day comes.

My wife drives a Volvo XC90, so my prospective car doesn't need a ton of cargo space or anything like that (read: I am not looking for a minivan). That being said, I'm kind of gravitating towards a a wagon for strollers and such. Plus I think they're a little more interesting than the average mid-size sedan on the road ;)). But the most important thing (besides fitting 2 RF seats) is that it get better mpg that the xc90, which I think gets 22 on the highway on a good day, so I'm pretty open. I'd like to keep the price to around $15k.

So far I'm liking a recent VW Passat Wagon (2007-2009), or an older Audi A6 Avant or BMW wagon (3-series if the seats will fit, 5-series if they won't). Any comments on these cars, or alternate ideas, would be greatly appreciated!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Welcome, and congrats on the upcoming addition!

I'm not familiar with any of the vehicles you listed, but I'm bumping this up so your post doesn't get lost, and hopefully someone can give you some good advice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC