Question Evenflo bucket

quinn

Anyone know where I can find pictures of older carseats? I'm looking to see if the Evenflo I saw last night is likely to be expired. It had an 06/02 on it on the left side (as you face the infant's feet) toward the bottom near, but distinct from, what I suppose was the serial number.

I didn't get to look the seat over, so I don't know if it might have had an expiration or manufacturing date on it somewhere else.

There were some other things that were suspicious about this seat as well:

It was bought at a flea market.
When the cover started to come off and I hooked it back on, the fabric had three loops to be connected to the seat, but the seat only had two connectors, so I don't know if it was the wrong cover or if I was missing something.

The couple are friends of a friend, so I'm trying to determine whether I should be seeking them out to say, "Hey, your seat may be VERY expired." or whether the number I saw was just part of the serial number.

ADS

quinn

What I'm trying to figure out is if that's where the manufacture date is. I know that the most it could possibly last is eight years, and it's more likely to be six, so it's expired either way.

Thanks for the link to the seat pictures. If anyone's curious, the cover looked like the one on the Evenflo Discovery 1998-2008. I'm not sure if the seat is the same, It could have been, but is that red thing at the crotch the buckle, or a strap adjuster like the Keyfit has?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Discovery are all back adjust. Was it a 5 pt or 3 pt harness? From your description, it sounds like a 3 pt, which had a recall.

Oh, and it would be a 6 year expiry.

Jessica61624

This has a mfg date from 1999
IMAG1051.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC