From the ones that brought you the dirtiest seat ever...

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I present to you, it's rival...

Grandma just came by to bring me the seat that they had given her to use with B (the one who I just gave the new Scenera to, he's almost 3). So, she's held onto it for about a year, but she did use it with him. She was going to give it back to them, but knew that it was bad (I :love: her!).

Wow. just... wow. I really thought the OHS was bad... DOM is Sept. 1998...

My favorite part is that one of the only stickers that's fully readable is the "New! Stronger Car Seat Handle!" (which is just got me ROFL, by the way.)
This is how it came to me:
Evenflo2.jpg

Evenflo3.jpg

And the winner for the best way to recover from a major recall scandal: Evenflo!
Evenflo1.jpg

Oh, and "quick release seat" my butt, I had to seriously pry the thing apart

ADS

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I've seen worse.. A couple of years ago I stopped at a yard sale and picked up a Fisher Price T-shield that actually had dirt falling out of it.. Not a little bit either. It was like someone had poured sand/dirt/dust/grime all inside of it under the cover and on top of the cover.. I should have taken pics. of that...

Anyway, that is pretty nasty..

Loves2sing

That's nothing! You should have seen the Comfortsport Aidensmom and I cleaned out 2 weeks ago. It was so gross that I insisted we clean it out on my deck instead of in the house. I almost gagged when I saw all the food stuck to the shell underneath the cover. I honestly didn't even want to put the seat cover into my wahsing machine cause it was so gross. This seat has a year left until it's expired, it was just really abused! I feel sick to my stomache just thinking about it! There were frootloops glues to the seat that we had to soak off. So gross!!

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
eww. We had a contender for the dirtiest seat at a recent check. Huge expensive SUV with leather interior - of course they had garage sale garbage seats. There were NO labels on either seat and they were covered with grime. Mom said, "Oh yea, they've been sitting outside." Once they were uninstalled, you could see that the backs/underneath were covered with spider webs! HOW could you put your baby in a seat like that?? Oh well, both kiddos left in brand new seats and Mom was thrilled. Hope she takes better care of the new ones.
Renee

Loves2sing

eww. We had a contender for the dirtiest seat at a recent check. Huge expensive SUV with leather interior - of course they had garage sale garbage seats. There were NO labels on either seat and they were covered with grime. Mom said, "Oh yea, they've been sitting outside." Once they were uninstalled, you could see that the backs/underneath were covered with spider webs! HOW could you put your baby in a seat like that?? Oh well, both kiddos left in brand new seats and Mom was thrilled. Hope she takes better care of the new ones.
Renee

Spiderwebs? You win! Everytime my dd spills ANYTHING practically on her seat the covers go into the wash! People are so sick!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I've never seen an on my way with a tan shell.:confused: Always white or blue.

That tan one with that cover is one of the early OMW seats. If I recall correctly, I think that seat is from 1996-1997??? I know a little boy I took care of in daycare had that same seat. If I am remembering dates correctly, I would guess the seat is about 10 years old.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
That tan one with that cover is one of the early OMW seats. If I recall correctly, I think that seat is from 1996-1997??? I know a little boy I took care of in daycare had that same seat. If I am remembering dates correctly, I would guess the seat is about 10 years old.

DOM (I took a picture of it, mostly scrapped off :rolleyes: ) is Sept 98 (which makes sense, since their first kiddo was born in February of '99)

supercrunch

I remember when that pattern was clearanced out, lol. I thought it was so silly to have a nautical theme car seat. (I worked at BRU in 98-99.)

I think the reason for the "new stronger handle" sticker is because of the recall of the 'on my way's predecesor...the Joyride. The handles were breaking when people would carry their babies around!!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would REALLY love a navy blue, plush cover (like the navy blue Britax covers) with EMBROIDERED, small signal flags (no bigger than 1" x 1"). That would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Something sort of like this?)
1333.jpg

I would love a seat with this as the center panel:
EVK-5803-63_b.jpg

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would REALLY love a navy blue, plush cover (like the navy blue Britax covers) with EMBROIDERED, small signal flags (no bigger than 1" x 1"). That would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC