Going home for SIL's wedding, need advice on seats

turtlemama

So on the 7th SIL is getting married. We plan to surprise her with our presence. (I don't think it's a good idea, but DH insists surprising is the best route :rolleyes:)
Hopefully by then my MR replacement will be in. So we will have ds1 in the XTSL RF, ds2 in the MR and ds3 in his TF. I'm wondering if we should put DD in the maestro just for this trip? Normally she rides in the Cybex booster. I thought a 5 point might be more comfortable for sleeping. It's a 1500 mile trip that will take 24 hours to make. Also ds1 sometimes says his back hurts when RF, but I figured I could switch him to the TF FF and put DS 3 in the XTSL RF if needed. So is this a good plan?

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I think that's a good plan.

And to ease your mind, a cousin I'm very close to surprised me by showing up at my wedding and it was wonderful.

babyherder

Also maybe your ds1 would find rf in the myride more comfortable (assuming he still fits). Just so you wouldn't have to uninstall and re-install

turtlemama

So this brings me to my other ponderings. I know we have no evidence on which is safer for older kids as far as the 5 point vs seat belt go, but it still kinda freaks me out to have DD in a 5 point. She will be 7 in February and weighs around 45 lbs now. I'm torn between her possibly being out of position in her booster or possibly having higher neck loads in the 5 point. This worry has also led to me keeping ds1 rear facing and just going straight to booster. I'm booster training him in the Cybex during his short trips to school in the morning. It makes me anxious having him in the Maestro while I wait for the MR to come back.
I'm being totally irrational, right?

babyherder

Don't worry. Its not exactly irrational because it would be really nice to know which is safer. But you're doing the best you can and any worry about this is pointless. Both are very, very safe.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC