News $100 Nautilus at Superstore price matched at Canadian tire

tam_shops

Deal of the day! Yeah!

Superstore has the Nautilus on for $100, but they don't have any and apparently none of the stores got any, some *error*. So, I figured I'd go for a price match...

-Zellers has virtually no car seats at all.
-TRU claims the grey in the add is *different*, probably is, don't they have their own colours. Its at the same mall, so I figured I'd try.
-Canadian Tire had ONE left in stock. Their BROWN, not fantastic w/ my black interior! AackkkkkK!!!! Worse than the Racer w/ the Shadow! ROFL Going over to swap to see if anyone has a cheap one...

Thinking I may return or even post on CL. No idea what'd it cost to ship in Canada...

It's a year old too, not impressed! LOL

tam

ADS

bristol62

I price matched at sears, they had two colors to choose from. the girl said she was technically supposed to call to be sure it was in stock, and I said if it was why would I come buy it here? she was nice & let it slide, she didnt understand that part of the policy she said! mine is manufactured dec 2010 so not brand new but for $99 im not complaining!

also my GF is in langley and the BRU matched it there, I think it depends on the individual. superstore in richmond had 6 on opening & thought they may get more this week, he said they get stock daily

tam_shops

It Sooooo does depend on who you speak to, I phoned Superstore, they said they had none this morning and weren't getting any! LOL

TRU said, nope, but implied *if* they had that colour....Maybe Langely did have that colour.

I WILL head over to Sears after nap time then! TYVM!!!!

Mine is Brown, can't have that also 2010, early in the year but that doesn't matter for Graco...

tam

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I price matched at sears, they had two colors to choose from. the girl said she was technically supposed to call to be sure it was in stock, and I said if it was why would I come buy it here? she was nice & let it slide, she didnt understand that part of the policy she said! mine is manufactured dec 2010 so not brand new but for $99 im not complaining!

also my GF is in langley and the BRU matched it there, I think it depends on the individual. superstore in richmond had 6 on opening & thought they may get more this week, he said they get stock daily

It may depend on the store. Officially we are not allowed to price match something of a different color because it's not the same product. Even our seats in different fabrics have different SKU's even if they're the identical seat.

Our store actually does call to see if the other store has it in stock - I presume that the requirement is there and made with the assumption that they'd rather buy at our store instead of another? For instance, some people have gift cards - so maybe that's a consideration?

Our store is most definitely not price matching superstore - not only is it a different color, but our Nautilus is comliant with 2012 standards and Superstore's Nautilus isn't. Your girlfriend is lucky she got the price match given the different colors and that the seat isn't even certified to the same standards...

tam_shops

Sears Rmd out of stock. And, *senior* lady would have insisted on phoning to check stock anyway...

Will keep checking in w/ Rmd Superstore, though tempted to call Langely TRU b/c I can go out there Tuesday and have $200 store credit there...

Thus far, stuck w/ the brown one, aackk w/ black! LOL

tam

tam_shops

Yeah! Hope yours is newer than mine!

I guess I could phone some of the closer CTs and see if they have a newer one, it's really bugging me that it's a year old AND ugly! LOL

tam

tam_shops

Phoned a couple of CT, found out that it is a discontinued seat in their line, so little chance of finding a newer one. The Bby one has a floor model (PASS) that was from last year, if anyone is desperate...She said that it still had the tags on it etc, just in case anyone goes there and suddenly finds one in box, they *claimed* they otherwise didn't have one...I didnt' go or check and didn't think they could sell a floor model!?

Phoned TRU Langley, still my first choice b/c I have store credit there. They have no more left either. Meant to phone other TRU, but didn't get to it...

Still on the fence about keeping, selling it to a friend or two that might need one and/or CL it. Then, getting a Turbo booster for our back up seat....

We'll have a MA for a spare for YDS soon b/c he's almost too heavy to RF in it anyway...

Or getting a Maestro. This wasn't a planned purchase for me, it was just such a great deal! LOL

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC