So my best friend can't figure out why I am mad?

alake

I went out on a little road trip today. I was gone probably 2.5 hours. I came home a different way then the way I went. My best friend passed me doing a 140, in a 110, and continued doing this through a construction zone, and a zone that is reduced due to the high risk of major accidents. Another friend was killed at this intersection last year. She had her four year old, buckled into the front seat in no car seat, and she started texting me at this point. I didn't get the message until until I got home, my cell had died while I was gone. I called her when I got home, and told her if my phone had been working I would have reported her to the police for dangerous driving. She was like, what is your problem. I have been gone all day, and want to get home, before the wild life gets out. I have been doing 140 the whole way. Her daughter was annoying her, and the car was hot so she put her in the front seat.

ADS

canadiangie

Does she usually put her 4yo in the front seat in no child restraint? Because I gotta tell you, 110km/h or 140km/h, you're looking at a poor outcome for him/her either way. A 4yo in an adult seatbelt in the front seat is just frightening.

I'd be focusing less on speed, and more on what she needs to make a better choice for her kiddo. Is it lack of education? Seats? Apathy? What's up with her?

alake

No not usually. It is usually a Booster seat, which I would prefer a harnessed car seat, but happy it is something, behind the passenger seat. Her windows roll down why not roll her window down. She just turned four in August. In her car her girls are in boosters, but she has Graco Nautilus's for her girls. They are a few weeks older then my girls. Her oldest born beginning of December, mine born at Christmas. Youngest born beginning of August. Mine the end of August.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I'm sorry your friend doesn't get it. It was over 100 degrees fahrenheit all summer long and my son survived rear facing. If we can manage that, then she can put her kid in the back seat in Canada. I am not buying her excuse for one second.

V

VanIsleMommy

I'm sorry but every time I drove my vehicle for almost a year, my son would scream in the car the entire way. To a family dinner for 2 hours there and back once. And at times, if he's sick etc... he still screams the entire way. Not once did I use that as an excuse to drive 40 over the limit or not put my child in a proper seat.

robbertbobbert

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Also, am I the only one who didn't realize this was the Canadian board and was shocked that ANYWHERE had a 110mph speed limit? Or that someone's car could easily get to 140mpg? It took me a minute to realize it wasn't mph.

alake

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Also, am I the only one who didn't realize this was the Canadian board and was shocked that ANYWHERE had a 110mph speed limit? Or that someone's car could easily get to 140mpg? It took me a minute to realize it wasn't mph.

The speed in Miles is 87 MPH, I had to google it.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Standard speed on the main divided highways is 110 with traffic flowing around the 115 to 125 mark. 140 is really dangerous and would involve a lot of sudden braking and potentially sudden steering maneuvers to avoid slower moving vehicles since those roads are usually only 2 lane highways.

If she's your best friend she should really know exactly why you're upset. I'm sorry that she's being thick headed.

alake

Standard speed on the main divided highways is 110 with traffic flowing around the 115 to 125 mark. 140 is really dangerous and would involve a lot of sudden braking and potentially sudden steering maneuvers to avoid slower moving vehicles since those roads are usually only 2 lane highways.

If she's your best friend she should really know exactly why you're upset. I'm sorry that she's being thick headed.

Yes devided I typically run at 118, crusie set. She still is completely oblivious. She swerved around me, waved and continued on. The traffic was pretty much back to back.
I have been extremely leery about driving recently. My family is investors in a ready to move home building company. We have used the same house hauling company to move the houses from Vegreville, to Onion Lake for the last couple of years. We build at a rate of 2 houses a week, and they get moved just east of Lloyd, and then moved out to the new location as the basements are prepared. They were moving a home a couple of weeks ago, and the pilot truck had stopped and had stopped cars going the opposite direction to allow the Tractor with the house on it to be moved through a narrower part of the road. A guy not realizing that there was a reason traffic was stopped pulled around the three stopped cars and plowed into the pilot truck, killing the passing gentleman on impact. He was doing roughly 125 in a 100 zone, and didn't brake. Our driver was unharmed because he jumped into the ditch upon impact, saving his life. I am now a little freaked out about passing and some driving in general especially where the roads are undivided.

alake

Yes devided I typically run at 118, crusie set. She still is completely oblivious. She swerved around me, waved and continued on. The traffic was pretty much back to back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC